DIFFERENCES BETWEEN SBE VS. M1 FIELD SLUG GUN

Carmelo

Hi, I'd like to purchase a Benelli 12 gauge synthetic stock slug gun strictly for whitetail using Federal 3" Barnes X's. Comparing the M1 Field and the SBE the only differences I see are slightly different stock dimensions, a wood stock option and about $300.00 more on the SBE. For my purpose am I missing any advantages with having one over the other?

[ 11-04-2003, 04:25 PM: Message edited by: Carmelo ]

Hello, I live in Georgia and I hunt whitetail as well as birds. I love my SBE. I find that it is just as well to handle as the M1 and i enjoy the fact that waterfowl hunting i can cycle a 3 1/2" shell through it. If you are not going to be waterfowl hunting the M1 might be the way to go. However, if the price is not much different between the two (assuming you go with a synthetic stock) then go with the SBE you never know, You might get into waterfowl hunting. BTW ~ a synthetic stock would be a better choice for a hunting gun. It doesn't matter if it gets wet or oil on it.

• 4 weeks later...

Do the barrels on the M1 Field screw into the reciever like the SBE barrels do?

A barrel screwed into a receiver (like on most rifle actions) would seem to have more accuracy potential than a barrel that is simply slide into the receiver and secured with a large barrel ring and magazine cap.

Just my thoughts...

• 6 years later...

Slug gun only deer hunting areas are increasing across the country. Following the trend, Benelli engineers have designed slug guns that give the accuracy and performance hunters have come to expect. Every 12-gauge shotgun and 20-gauge shotgun in our slug gun line features a specially designed, heavy-walled 1:28"-twist, rifled barrel that gives accuracy undreamed of in conventional smooth-bore slug guns.

The Super Black Eagle II, M2 12-gauge, M2 20-gauge, Nova Pump and SuperNova slug guns come standard with barrel-mounted, fully adjustable rear sights, fixed blade front sights and specially designed receivers drilled and tapped for optics. The ComforTech™ stock, available for synthetic and Realtree® camo-patterned SBE II, M2 Field and SuperNova slug models, reduces felt recoil by as much as 48%.

HAVE them

PM me if any of you want

• 9 months later...
Hi, I'd like to purchase a Benelli 12 gauge synthetic stock slug gun strictly for whitetail using Federal 3" Barnes X's. Comparing the M1 Field and the SBE the only differences I see are slightly different stock dimensions, a wood stock option and about $300.00 more on the SBE. For my purpose am I missing any advantages with having one over the other?

[ 11-04-2003, 04:25 PM: Message edited by: Carmelo ]

about a 1/2 inch thats all