NEW FUN

splashtx556ftw

i tried it a few weeks ago fo the first time. the first try i got 16 out of 25, second round i got 19 of 25. #4 station shoots it nearly sraight up. i never did hit one on the way up. i have decided its better to get it on its way back down. my favorite is the "rabbit", it can be quite a challenge too.

• 2 weeks later...

On that straight up #4 just catch it at the top of it's arc...kind of like popping that committed mallard on the descent. Toughest shot for me was the rainbow thrown left to right starting about 20 yards out and angling away...I don't know if all 5 stand has the exact same shots or not, but that thing always gave me trouble. Some old-timer that shoots a .410 O/U and at 100% everytime I've watched him told me "lead it twice as much as you think you need to son, you'll hit it one of these days." lol

Contrary to popular belief...a .410 is an expert's gun, not a kid's gun. Very little margin for error.

But you can shoot it all day, since there's so little recoil.

For skeet, I like the 28 gauge best.

Either one though, is expensive to shoot unless you reload.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...