What slug would you use?

A2142Phantom

it HAS happend more often than you may know. home invasion has become a very real problem in large cities. my preferance would be 00 buck.a slug could pass through the intruder and walls of your home and fatally wound a member of your family or a neighbor. heck dude, at 15 ft a 2 3/4 feild load of #8 shot would cut someone in half. even with a vest on it would turn him 3 flips and break several ribs, believe my , unless thier on pcp or something thier not going to want a second one.people think of an intruder as some thing like the terminator, 6ft 8",325lbs. in actual truth its just your local dope head 5ft6", 145lbs looking to over power some elderly woman and steal her ssi check. if you shoot anybody with a 12ga anything ,and it does not take them completly off thier feet,....RUN,,,,, but like ive said "to each his own".

to actually ANSWER your question. i would probably use8 pellets. 12 or 15 pellets are generaly used when hunting game [deer,varmints] at a greater distance than 30 yds for reasons of " improved pattern".meaning more pellets in the same area.which means a greater chance of hitting your game in a vital area. they come in 8, 9, 12, & 15 pellets.

I use 1 1/4 4 shot mx dram. Same loads I hunt pheasants with. These loads will not penatrate walls like buck shot. For peope with familys or if your in a apartment building, This might be the best choice out to 15-20 feet.

If you live by yourself in a house next to houses, with shots out of 20 feet to 30 yards, go with buck shot.

If you live by yourself in a house out in the middle of nowhere, You can shoot whatever, even slugs.

Just remember, If you pull the tigger, you better know where the bullet is going.

novaking

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...