SBE II stock adjustment

kacey joe

I got a SBE II Max 4 for Christmas and have been shooting skeet with it and doing fine. I recently shot a sporting clays course with longer targets and didn't do very well at all. Today I went to the patterning board at my local club to see how my duck loads pattern and the pattern is about a foot high at 30 yards and worse at 40. I have the shim kit that came with it and the drop change schedule in the manual and I assume the B drop shim is in the shotgun because thats the only one I don't have. Here's the question does the stock need to go up or down? Any advice would sure help.

trap and skeet two different shotting styles, what choke were you using to shoot at the trap? what choke were ya using for the skeet? i usually use a full choke for trap and let it get out there a ways before i dust it, and normally aim a bit high since it is going straight away at a fast clip unlike skeet! by the time a clay gets out past the thrower on the trap range you will be way past 40Yds! you start about 20 Yds behind tower to start with! ya gotta lead them a group. i usually hit 20 to 21 all the time!