What Choke makes the tightest patterns?

Thag

I'm trying to find the choke that will give me the tightest patterns possible. I have a Comfort, and I shoot a lot of competitions where the whole idea is to get as many holes in a piece of paper as possible, within a circular boundary of, say, 1.5 inches

We are using 24g lead shots, 9 in hail size.. I have checked out Truglo Xtreme Strut stopper, since it has the tightest diameter so far (0.643). But I was wondering if anyone had a different oppinion..Or if someone has actually tested it? (I really don't know how much 24g is in oz, but it the same cartrigde that is used in skeet)

Thnx a lot!

.Thag (from norway)

I'm trying to find the choke that will give me the tightest patterns possible. I have a Comfort, and I shoot a lot of competitions where the whole idea is to get as many holes in a piece of paper as possible, within a circular boundary of, say, 1.5 inches

We are using 24g lead shots, 9 in hail size.. I have checked out Truglo Xtreme Strut stopper, since it has the tightest diameter so far (0.643). But I was wondering if anyone had a different oppinion..Or if someone has actually tested it? (I really don't know how much 24g is in oz, but it the same cartrigde that is used in skeet)

Thnx a lot!

.Thag (from norway)

People will use 3" reloads of #12 shot with an extended X-full turkey choke. They will also load a minimum dram of powder and a maximum dram of #12 shot. With min powder you don't get set-back which cuases shot deformation which, in turn, causes flyers. This is for stationary "turkey" style shoots where you are shooting stationary and trying to "blow out" the bullseye or a paper turkeys head at 20yrds or so.

keep in mind that the smallest diameter doesnt always produce the tightest pattern because if the shot is constricted to tightly you will get shot bouncing off each other inadvertinly spreading your pattern.

a longer extended choke tube will prevent some of that and keep a tight pattern.