Benelli M2 Inertia Problem

dprichard

Okay, I keep reading about the Benelli M2 and adding too much stuff to it and a problem with the inertia driven system. I have an M2 coming in the mail later this week and was wondering if someone can explain what this problem is, how much is too much weight to add onto the gun?

I have an M2 last years comfortech model.

read the manual. About cleaning before you shoot and the break in period.

I shot 100 rounds of heavy game loads . then target loads after that .

No problems.

Not sure what you mean about adding weight>

good luck

I was told that if you add too much weight to the gun like lights, red dots, shells on the side it messes with the inertia system. I was thinking about adding the Mesa Tactical Sureshell Shotshell and even noticed in the notes for the product this disclaimer:

Increased weight of gun mounted with product may disrupt the inertia cycling property on the M1 or M2 when used with low-recoil ammunition

What does all this mean? I am just worried about my shotty not being dependable because I put too much on it.