sbe2 jamming

soonerduckslayer

ive had my sbe2 for 9 months now and it started jamming all of a sudden anyone experience anything similar to this?? i clean and oil it regularly.

you can pull the bolt back after releasing a shell from the mag and it stays open not loading the fresh shell. tap the gun lightly and it flies shut! it`s cost me many a duck this season im very displeased. any help would be greatly appreciated.

p.s. i shoot 3 inch waterfowl loads(dryloks)

it`s not like im shooting low base target loads.

I did have mine start jamming on me last weekend for the first time while shooting clays. I had not cleaned it in about a year. I totally broke it down, barrel off, bolt out, trigger group out, stock off, recoil spring out, cleaned inside recoil spring tube, cleaned inside mag tube, took bolt apart. I use Birchwood Casey Gun Scrubber Synthetic Safe Cleaner, it works great. I reoiled it, put it back together and it works like new.

guncleaner.jpg

[ 01-11-2006, 07:19 AM: Message edited by: BLACK JACK ]

blackjack... ive totally cleaned mine as you mentioned. took it completely apart and used gun scrubber.ill admit it was grimy but ive seen ten times worse in friends guns and thiers still cycled

no problems. guess ill just have to send it to benelli and see if they can fix it. it acts like the carrier sticks not loading a new shell but i cant see why it would work sometimes and stick others??

Originally posted by BLACK JACK:

I did have mine start jamming on me last weekend for the first time while shooting clays. I had not cleaned it in about a year. I totally broke it down, barrel off, bolt out, trigger group out, stock off, recoil spring out, cleaned inside recoil spring tube, cleaned inside mag tube, took bolt apart. I use Birchwood Casey Gun Scrubber Synthetic Safe Cleaner, it works great. I reoiled it, put it back together and it works like new.

guncleaner.jpg

i already tried that as well... gunsmith shot it 9 times . 3 shot intervals. said he couldnt find anything wrong with it. i knew it would make me out a liar! i took it hunting last weekend and it fired fine the first 3 shots. then the second time i attempted to shoot it , it jammed my buddy was watching and shook his head.. he owns the sbe1 he said his never jammed. he took mine and low and behold the second shell jammed on him!

My SBEII is at the factory getting looked at due to repeatedly not cycling. Worked well its first season with 250 rounds or so, then this year became very unreliable. Yes did all the cleaning etc, something changed in the gun. Will post if they figure anything out when I get it back from benelli. Good luck with yours.

PROPERLY SEAT YOUR RIFLE IN YOUR SHOULDER

It is important to properly seat the rifle in your shoulder for the INTERIA RECOIL to work. Otherwise it can't work right.

This is part of the reason the new M4 Shotgun is both INTERTIA and GAS OPERATED, you add lot of WEIGHT to the gun.....ie...lights, sights, accessories, and the shotgun absorbs too much recoil because it's too heavy.

So try that out. I've shot my Benelli SBE II and never had any problems. My buddy did with his SBE II and my brother with his SBE I, and it was that same shouldering problem I think. But there both ok now, WITHOUT any cleaning or anything else.

Good luck, tell us how it goes.

Hi all, I just got my SBE II about a month ago, I have shot multiple types and lengths of shells thru it so far. It has jambed a couple of times. I was upset at first until I learned about keeping a tight grip on it. If I hold it lightly it jambs, keep it tight it fires just as fast as I can pull that trigger. So far I love it. I was always an A-5 man, and still am on occassion, but boy i will tell you pick them both up at the same time and the Benelli makes a believer out of you. Good hunting everyone.

I have had it with my SBE II! I have put over 100 heavy rounds thru it and still have a jam or failure to completely cycle about every 4th or 5th shot. I love the way it feels, swings and points ... But when I start leaving stooling mallards over the decoys because I can't get off that next shot ... It's time to go back to the Gold Hunter. Good product, but needs work! HELP!

Originally posted by keydetDucks:

Is it an adjustment ... different load .... ****, pixie dust?

Originally posted by tucker301:

I've shot Xpert, Drylock, Fasteel, Federals, Remingtons, AA's and Estates with zero jams.

I guess I'm just lucky.

Make sure you're keeping the gun firmly seated against your shoulder through all three shots.

It woud be an instinctive tendency to start moving away from anything that just pounded you twice in the shoulder, rather than let it hit you again.

And if I recall, you are having trouble on the 4th and 5th shot. Sounds reasonable. Try shooting them with time inbetween to make sure you have it shouldered properly.

[ 01-17-2006, 01:28 PM: Message edited by: sdkidaho ]