FS: U.S. made Benelli M4 Full-Length mag tubes - NEW THREAD

SOCOMguy

I want to put a vote in for a full length tube for the M2 as well. There a lot of us M2 Tactical Owners out here that would jump at checking off another 922r part. If you are looking for investors to help defray costs, We should talk about it. Otherwise, why not make one. There is money to be made my friend.

LJ

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BTT

Fall sporting season is going to be in full swing soon. Already getting alot of new orders for M4 tubes and I am picking up production level for the season. Wait time will be minimal at 1-2 weeks after payment is received.

Price is still $165 shipped which includes USPS priority mail shipping with delivery confirmation.

Thank you!

Joe

SOCOMGuy,

Any chance you will be making them for the M2 this year? As I mentioned above, I know I would take one, but It looks like there is a market for them out there. Is there a start-up cost that is preventing you from making these? Maybe I can help. Otherwise, please consider making these as well.

What do you think?

LJ

I have considered it. However, making of a full length tube for the M1/M2 guns would most likely result in a high price to the consumer. The design is a lot different than that of the M4.

As such, they would definitely run more than the tubes for the M4, maybe around $250+. With the lower cost of the M1/M2 gun itself (approx$850-$1100) and all of the $100 or less aftermarket extensions available by other companies, it would be a tough market to sell a tube, albeit a one-piece, that runs 25% to 30% of the cost of the gun.

You are right though, there is some interest, but not enough interest unfortunately.

I will give this some serious thought though. I'll run some plans and drawings and see if there is a way to make these M1/M2 tubes correctly and cost effective.

SOCOMGuy

Thanks for the reply. I do not know what impacts the cost of these for the M2 vs. M4. I leave that to your experience and expertise. However, the cost may not be an issue for many who are looking for such a part. what is driving it is Part 922r regulations and how they relate to the M2 Tactical model with the pistol grips. The problem is that to modify the gun with additional items such as rails, extensions and other things that make this a bad Foreign Gun as described in Part 922r of the regs, and the the BATF is not able to agree whether or not such additions will put the M2 Tactical over the number allowed "evil parts" (ie: pistol grips, foreign made followers etc). IF there were a full length magazine tube for the gun, it would eliminate the foreign made existing tube and eliminate the need for the extension thus positively bringing this gun into compliance with some room to spare for additional "evil parts" like collapsible stocks!.

Are you familiar with 922r? There is some debate about it related to M2 since the BATF has issued definitive and consistent written statements about the number of foreign made parts for the M4 and exempt some for the M4 since it is the official military gun. However they have not done so for the M2. I have seen different letters from the BATF that shows different counts of "evil parts" on the standard M2 Tactical. I know that this has never been enforced but the last thing we want to worry about after defending my family and home is some smart Lawyer who will bring this up and convince a jury that i am some kind of militaristic freak waiting to kill someone for having a non-compliant gun with too many evil parts.

What all this means is that people might pay more for the part. I agree $250 is a bit steep but maybe there is something that can be done about that. If you would like to share the design concerns with me in a PM maybe i can make some suggestions or brainstorm some solutions.

LJ

Edited by LJinFLA

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Sorry all! It's been a while since I've posted on here. I've been doing some training and haven't been around much.

I currently have mag tubes in stock and ready to ship. The price is $165 shipped. I accept USPS Money Order or Paypal payments only.

I can be reached by email here: [email protected]

Thanks you all for your business!

Joe

• 4 weeks later...

Hello folks, I'm still here and have M4 mag tubes ready to ship. Please read thru the many postings from satisfied customers... you will be happy with my work. Same price $165, shipped. I accept and prefer USPS Money Orders, Pay Pal is OK but hate to give them their cut. I can be reached on e-mail at the ....... [email protected]

Thanks, appreciate your business.

Joe

Edited by SOCOMguy

• 4 weeks later...
My tube came today and it looks great. I am going to try and get it installed tomorrow and will post the results. Just a little concerned on getting the factory one off. I don't have a heat gun to help get it removed.

Hello, without a heat gun, what method did you use to remove the original magazine tube?

Thanks for any help you can offer!