FS: U.S. made Benelli M4 Full-Length mag tubes - NEW THREAD

SOCOMguy

EDIT: NEW PRICE AS OF 10/21/09 $165 shipped

EDIT: I am not socomguy on gunbroker.com. People on here are assuming that is me but I am in no way related. Also I do not do gunbroker sales at this time.

EDIT: New users can email me at: [email protected]

After making and selling these for almost 2 years and having hundreds of very satisfied customers, it is time to start a new sale thread after having 85,000 + forum hits and almost 500 posts.

For those that do not know, my Full Length mag tubes for the M4/M1014 are made right here in Michigan and are a legal U.S. made part to install on the Benelli M4. My tubes are made of high grade one-piece 4130 aircraft grade steel and made to exact specifications to be gauranteed to fit and function perfectly. These tubes hold 7+1 2.75" shells and 6+1 3" shells as was originally designed for this shotgun.

My tubes are stamped "U.S." to insure the status of a US made compliant part. Other tubes not bearing such a mark are not legal install under federal law 922R. The origins of other tubes offered are also suspect as some were made overseas in china and as well as not being U.S. compliant, the quality and materials are not up to standards. My tubes meet or exceed the standards for quality, fit, and finish.

Over the past 2 years I have sold hundreds of these tubes and have not had ONE unhappy customer.

The total price for a mag tube is $165 US Priority Mail shipping is standard and is included in the price. I can also do custom colors such as the desert tan finish M4 for a small fee.

To contact me by e-mail: [email protected]

To all of you forum users who have bought from me in the past thank you very much for your business and support!

Thanks,

Joe

29bf4491.jpg

b8aedb90.jpg

Edited by SOCOMguy

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can get it done for you in either a milspec OD (darker greyish-green) or regular OD green. I don't have any made right now and it would have to be paid for in full before I would make a special trip. Most people get black or tan since benelli grey changes in shades every 4-5 months or so.

Joe, my payment is sent. Please save a tube for me. I just mailed it today, Sunday, so it should get to you within the week.

On a related topic, I have my SRM 2 shot extension for sale, but i hard anodized it for $150 in addition to the $99 I bought it for.

Also, I took off the stock mag tube. It is NOT possible with a hair dryer.

So, I bought a strap wrench and a cheap heat gun. Came off after an initial hard effort. The problem it to get leverage, cause the pistol grip is all you really have protruding from the gun.

Anyway, it's off an bare, wating for your tube. Should I apply more Loktite? The original thread lock all went off with the barrel. The reciever threads are ABSOLUTELY bare.

Red or Blue thread lock?

Yeah there is definetly no way a hairdryer will get hot enough. A heat gun or torch is the way to go and has been mentioned on the forum many times. Everybody has a favorite way to do it.

I grabbed the mag tube with a vise and then used the "club" anti-autotheft device's fork end to turn the receiver. It has rubber padded surfaces and the fork is almost the exact width of the receiver.

You can use locktite but I personally did not use it. The tube threads into the receiver tight then is held in by the barrel and end cap. I left the locktite off so after a long shoot I could disassemble it all the way for a good cleaning. If you use locktite, use the blue stuff.

If anybody has more question please e-mail them to me as I do not check the forum often enough to give you a prompt answer.

Thanks,

Joe

How tightly should the tube be turned? Like an oil filter, hand tighten then a 1/4 turn more, or what?

I got mine loose with a heat gun and my hands. I have no idea why a vice or what not is necessary. I would be scared of marring/bending something.

However, others found tools necessary, so take that into account.

I cleaned the threads on the tube and reciever, applied a decent amount of blue locktite, and screwed it on as tight as I could get it with my hands. No issues at all other than needing an M1 S90 Military style spring (35") for reliable cycling of hard recoiling 3" stuff.

So, what spring do most of you use with the Socomguy tube?

Thanks.

He recommends the stock M4 spring. However, with my full length tube (not one of his, but I am sure they length is the same, to within a mm or so I guess), I use an M1 S90 Military model spring. It is 35" long and allows me to shoot 3" magnum rounds without jamming. The M4 spring allowed recoil to keep the rounds from ejecting the tube ontop of the carrier far enough in some cases. The heavier recoil + the 3" round in the tube, inertia ect. kept it from kicking out well on the last round. I know it was inertia/recoil because light 3" loads did better than heavy ones and firing a birdshot round before the last round in the mag (3") did not result in any issues.

What's the finish on the tubes?

From the pics they look a lot darker than the gray on my M1014 (I think it's parked).

The standard finish is what my supplier for the finish calls Light Black. It looks parkerized but matches the receiver, handguards, and stock exactly. The reason I stopped the grey finish is because benelli color of park on the barrel keeps changing shades from light to meduim to dark. If you have two different colors of gray the gun looks bad. With the Light Black, the gun looks really nice as it matches more things.

More tubes in stock!

Joe

Thanks M3X2.

Yes the finish does look awesome on the gun if I do say so myself. I have had many happy customers for sure!

I have tubes in stock right now. Get yours for the fall season. Something about the fall and cooler air out makes me want to shoot more shotgun!

Thanks!

Just wanted to say that I got the tube. I'm happy with the fit to the reciever. It's tight with the blue loctite applied, but fit perfectly once I used two hands and muscled it past the binding point.

The finish is perfect. Happy that it's made with quality materials.

Functions fine. I added the Wolf universal shotgun spring to it, and cut out 4 coils. Stiffer than stock, by a hair, but will compress onced used often.

Thank you for making these and the service you provide.

Just wanted to say that I got the tube. I'm happy with the fit to the reciever. It's tight with the blue loctite applied, but fit perfectly once I used two hands and muscled it past the binding point.

The finish is perfect. Happy that it's made with quality materials.

Functions fine. I added the Wolf universal shotgun spring to it, and cut out 4 coils. Stiffer than stock, by a hair, but will compress onced used often.

Thank you for making these and the service you provide.

Thanks for the feedback.

I make the tube to fit perfectly into the receiver without gap. When the tube is tightened by hand past what you called the "binding point" you are actually tightening down on the rear handguard ring too. It's because of this that locktite is not necessary but does not hurt to add a small amount if you desire.

Joe

Thanks for the feedback.

I make the tube to fit perfectly into the receiver without gap. When the tube is tightened by hand past what you called the "binding point" you are actually tightening down on the rear handguard ring too. It's because of this that locktite is not necessary but does not hurt to add a small amount if you desire.

Joe

Yep, my rear handguard ring is rock-solid as it is pinned down by the tube. I did, however, use locktite though. I want my mag-tube to stay there, and if it ever REALLY needs to come off, well, I got the other one off didn't I :cool: