Pre vs. post-ban M1

Rooikat21

Can anybody enlighten me as to the difference between a pre and post-ban M1 tactical with pistol grips and ghost rings? I was looking to get one sometime soon and to my surprise saw some being advertised a pre- and post-ban weapons. I didn't know there was any legislation affecting shotguns. If someone could let me know so I could make a pruchase decision, I'll be buying used anyway, I'd love to have an M1. Thanks!

pre 94 semi shotguns can have extended mags and pistol grips post cannot

look here

http://www.mp5.net/info/preban.htm

but if the current Assault Weapons ban does expire 9/14/2004. If no replacement legislation is enacted all of the information on this page will be interesting only as a historical curiousity. Help make that happen! Visit the AW Ban Sunset home page for up to date information on the pending expiration of this law and to see how you can get involved. They also have a great "T minus" countdown clock counting down the time until the ban expires. Kudos to the guys running that page for such a great resource.