new owner with questions.

Bang

Sheeesh.

I am now the proud owner of an M4

The guys at the store don't know jackS*^t.

So I have some questions if those of you more knowledgeable can answer them I would appreciate it.

A) I was told that shooting slugs through the M4 would greatly reduce reliability.

B) If I can shoot slugs through it, what kind is doable?

C) I was told by the sales geek that the M4 with it's gas tubes would handle any sort of loads but I've read here that is not the case. Input?

D) Since I have the shorter tube, does it work just as well to buy the extension (+2) or is it better just to buy a longer tube from like SoComGuy?

E) Is there a tool to use to get the freaking spring back into the mag tube? It took me a long time after popping off that c'clip thing.

F) Like the gun but the manual needs work. I don't have the collapsing stock and therefor no idea how to remove the pistol grip 'fixed' stock. Any clues?

I haven't even shot this puppy yet but I'm looking forward to it!

Bit of update.

Many many thanks to the person that did all the work in getting the USMC manual on line.

I STILL have yet to fire the weapon.

But I am reading the USMC manual and going through the steps.

I am so impressed with the engineering and design and thought that went into this.

Just great. I am soooooo stoked.

Some direct answers for your questions:

A)-bull

B)-any shell 3 inches or lower

C)-The first 200 or so rounds it may not fire certain types of ammo. After the break in period it will fire 99% of ammo, the exceptions being special purpose rounds like less than lethal rounds, and some brands of reduced recoil ammo. More info available on this if you search for it.

D)-either will work, but no reason not to buy a full length tube if you don't have either yet.

E)-not sure, I've never used a tool with mine

F)-Use the USMC manual linked, and it's easy to get the fixed stock off. Remove the barrel, then bolt carrier group, then trigger group, then twist the stock off. Easy as pie.

Congrats on your new purchase.

F)-Use the USMC manual linked, and it's easy to get the fixed stock off. Remove the barrel, then bolt carrier group, then trigger group, then twist the stock off. Easy as pie.

No need to remove the barrel or bolt carrier, the trigger group is the only thing that needs to go to unscrew the stock.