Help...New owner ?

Unobtanium

Okay, I don't want to take FOREVER in the FFL dealer's store function-testing (I never leave without verifying 100% function short of firing a weapon when I buy it).

Here is the issue. The shipping store (Able Ammo) took the weapon down to the point that the charging bolt has been removed from the BCG unit (sorry, I think in AR-terms). I have no idea how to get things back togather at this level and don't want to spend all afternoon leafing through the manual (which I have heard sucks) before I can get things going enough to verify that it cycles, locks back, whatnot right.

Can someone give me a crash-course? The guy told me the bolt was in a brown paper folder/bag and I would have to re-assy. things.

Eh, that would help wouldn't it? The Benelli M4. I read the USMC manual SOCOMguy just posted though and it helped a LOT! Any helpful hints though that aren't published? (Like how H&K has their USP's set for delivery and a lot of new owners mess them up racking the slide for the first time)?

I would tear it down completely and clean and lube it before i shot it just because it was new and that would give you time to learn how to read & understand owners manual and learn break down and cleaning which is a must! I would also use the manual you spoke of to do all of this, or pay someone to do it before i shot a new shotgun! Owners manual is worth readin front to back before operating anyway!

I would tear it down completely and clean and lube it before i shot it just because it was new and that would give you time to learn how to read & understand owners manual and learn break down and cleaning which is a must! I would also use the manual you spoke of to do all of this, or pay someone to do it before i shot a new shotgun! Owners manual is worth readin front to back before operating anyway!

I agree, but I just wanted to be able to make sure all the parts were there/nothing was "wrong" before I walked out of the store with it.

So your FFL would not fire it for ya? Mine would do it in a heart beat, might charge a couple dollars putting parts into gun but since it's not hunting season they are not busy and would do it on the spot! The manual is written so scared recruits can understand it without too much trouble, close to 8th grade reading level!! like all Military Weapons Manuals!!

I don't know if by "charging bolt" you mean the side handle used to charge the BCG, or that actual bolt itself.

The side handle you should be able to push right back in with a moderate amount of force ... to replace the actual bolt you'd take off the barrel, slide out the BCG, pull the firing pin retaining pin out the side, remove the firing pin, drop the bolt in the front, replace the little metal side thing, then do it all in reverse. Hard to explain without being able to show you ... so yea, read the manual.

If you explain more clearly the situation, I can be of more assistance.

I don't know if by "charging bolt" you mean the side handle used to charge the BCG, or that actual bolt itself.

The side handle you should be able to push right back in with a moderate amount of force ... to replace the actual bolt you'd take off the barrel, slide out the BCG, pull the firing pin retaining pin out the side, remove the firing pin, drop the bolt in the front, replace the little metal side thing, then do it all in reverse. Hard to explain without being able to show you ... so yea, read the manual.

If you explain more clearly the situation, I can be of more assistance.

It's cool, I got it.

Charging handle=charging bolt

BCG=Bolt Carrier Group

I am an AR-fan. Shotguns are a pretty new animal to me, so when I flounder for a term and don't have the time to look it up, I just use the AR equivalent. At any rate, I have not stripped my M4 down to the max that I feel confortable taking it down to (basically to the point right before screws and roll-pins get tweaked) and await the mag tube to replace it.