Newbie with question

InstructorPyro

I'm new here and have a question to pose.

Yesterday I was shooting my new/used M1 Super 90. It was originally sold in 1989.

During semi-rapid fire the magazine spring flew out of the tube. I was able to recover the spring but not the plug.

The plug was just a simple washer-like item with a whole in the center and part of the center rim bent outward. It seems like there might have been another piece missing.

Any help would be appreciated.

Okay, so I called Benelli and told them about my problem. The woman that I spoke with on the phone seemed to understand. She sent me a new magazine tube spring and a new spring retaining ring and now the M1 is back on track.

I really wanted to add that Benelli really came through for me here. I even asked for a part that wasn't realated to my problem and they sent it without any question. My M1 is probably 15 year old and they were willing to take care of everything. My next shotgun will be a Benelli for sure!

Thanks Benelli!!!!!

Okay, so I called Benelli and told them about my problem. The woman that I spoke with on the phone seemed to understand. She sent me a new magazine tube spring and a new spring retaining ring and now the M1 is back on track.

I really wanted to add that Benelli really came through for me here. I even asked for a part that wasn't realated to my problem and they sent it without any question. My M1 is probably 15 year old and they were willing to take care of everything. My next shotgun will be a Benelli for sure!

Thanks Benelli!!!!!

They better take care of everything for what they charge for a firearm, and all this bullsh*t about having to change springs and this and that shouldnt be when your dropping $1400 on a semi auto shotgun.

I agree that Benelli standing behind a product from 1989, YEARS after the warranty has expired, is more the rule than the exception.

I agree that some folks get a bad gun every now and then, but Benelli will handle the problem if they are given the opportunity to do so.

I further agree that some folks simply don't know how to maintain nor use a Benelli, and that ID10T error applys not only to computers, but to other products as well.

the M1 seems like the M3 on the tube. BarrelPlug.jpg if you look at it. you will see that the end of the tube is rolled in or crimped if you would say. and the spring retainer kinda looks like a washer from this angle with a hole in it rests up on the crimp on the magazine tube. That is the onlything that is holding the spring inside the tube. Makes putting the magazine plug in reather nice and easy. but i can see how it can have flaws for the spring coming out if the crimp expands.

Jesse

I agree that Benelli standing behind a product from 1989, YEARS after the warranty has expired, is more the rule than the exception.

I agree that some folks get a bad gun every now and then, but Benelli will handle the problem if they are given the opportunity to do so.

I further agree that some folks simply don't know how to maintain nor use a Benelli, and that ID10T error applys not only to computers, but to other products as well.

Thats good to here, but im referring to people upgrading springs and what not and saying you need all wolf springs...shouldnt have to...you use stock springs in your guns?

Well, it's one little error with the gun. The last thing you should do is put it down and say "This gun sucks." It was only one Minor problem, it can be fixed easily. AND.... It's a Benelli, You know it is a quality gun, you just happened to find one with a minor flaw but an easy fix.

I do use stock springs and have no problems.

I must be missing your relevance, because I saw no mention of aftermarket springs in the OP.

I know, must have been thinking it and didnt post....how do you recommend cleaning the recoil tube? Is it easily disassembled, someone mentioned spraying cleaner inside while you hold the plunger in with screwdriver