Oiling SBII

NJgunner

I have an SBII with comfortech and had problems with it ejecting the first round fired, it wouldnt fully eject but all shots were fine after. This was frustration and benelli said to put "alot" of oil into the plunger and spring. Gun has been sitting for a year I wanted to disassemble it and clean and re oil, has anyone disassembled the tube containing plunger and spring? I just hope it isnt all gummed up.

would not think it would be coverd with junk since it should not have that much oil on it to start with! never heard of oil on springs but i guess a light film would protect it, but where it's located, it is not open to elements unless ya been swimming with it! Open it up and see if it had any lube to start with? i have never lubed mine and it did not appear to have been oiled when i moved shims last time! looked new to me and gun is 5 years old and has not missed a beat. NO ISSUES!

would not think it would be coverd with junk since it should not have that much oil on it to start with! never heard of oil on springs but i guess a light film would protect it, but where it's located, it is not open to elements unless ya been swimming with it! Open it up and see if it had any lube to start with? i have never lubed mine and it did not appear to have been oiled when i moved shims last time! looked new to me and gun is 5 years old and has not missed a beat. NO ISSUES!

Benelli says this plunger and spring assembly needs to be lubed well, so i put maybe 6 drops of CLP around the cylinder and worked it up and down. I was considering disassembling the stock but is it that involved? I read one person talking about heating up a bolt because it has locktite, im assuming this is the same part that has to be removed to change shims?

never heated anything to replace shims? never oiled spring guess i will llightly oil next cleaning, but then it will probably start having issues?:p replacing shims is one of the easiest task i have done on the SBEII, take off pad loosen bolt and pull all the stuff off one piece at a time and no locktite yet? i suggest reading manual because i have never heated anything to remove anything on my SBEII!

Yes, you will have to remove the pad and use a socket wrench. Pay attention to the markings on the locking plate to reassemble the same way as you took apart along with your chosen shims. (Look at the manual for detailed information as to what I am referring)

Also, I have been able to get away with just "flushing" out the recoil tube with cleaner for quite a while now. Depress and work the plunger back and forth with a long screwdriver or some other suitable device (I use a rounded end that won't scratch). I have yet to have had to heat up and remove the tube..

After it has been degreased and is dry I will use a good lube and let it drip dry while leaning up against something. If you have access to air, even better.

This is all easier than it sounds and only takes a few minutes of work.

Steve