M2 or Supersport for clay Target shooting -Advice please

Bravo470

Hi I am a English shooter and at present I do not own a Benelli.I am thinking about getting one however and I would like your advice.

I primarily shoot clays and I am a left handed shot.It appears that the supersport is Benellis clay buster.However I notice that the M2 has all the features that the supersport has apart from the ported barell.

The M2 is available in a dedicated left hand version and here in the uk the M2 retails for $500 less than the supersport.

Both weigh the same both have the crio chokes and the comfitech stock.

Can you offer any oppinions as to what exactly are the differances and will the M2 preform on the range as good as the supersport.(I notice that Tom Knapp has set all his records with the M2)

Regards Jon

America and Britain hand in hand against Terror

Bravo,

I'm a lefty and shoot the lefty M-2 (black model) for Sporting Clays. I also have a Cordoba and Legacy Sport, both righty models but I use the included shims to add some "cast On" to the stock. I absolutely love the M-2, it's incredibly comfortable gun to shoot. Soft recoil, and the padding at the spot where your cheek rests is nice.

My shooting buddy has the Supersport and we swap guns regularly. The most noticeable differences to me are (i) the faux "carbon fiber" look on the SS (which I'm not crazy about) and (ii) the SS has a receiver that breaks down into two pieces, which makes the breakdown and cleaning a touch easier. The other obvious difference is that the lefty M-2 ejects the shells on the left side, out of your line of sight. I should note that on the Cordoba and Legacy, I've never even noticed the shells ejecting on the right side! I shoot all of them equally well and they are equally comfortable in my hands.

Best of luck,

Ike

They are a bit of different animals. The M2 has been my standard clays gun, which also does fine duty in the field. The Cordoba is a 20g (sorry, I didn't mention this last post), which I like to use when our club sets up a "short course" (closer shots) or just if I want to carry lighter shells! The Legacy Sport is a new gun, purchased because it looks a bit sharper than the black plastic M-2. Truth be told, I shoot them all equally well, much better than the other guns I've had (a Browning Citori, AYA #2, Arrieta 871). The only real difference is that the M-2 is a dedicated lefty gun, which makes loading slightly more convenient. I've gotten so used to loading the righty models I wouldn't call it a problem just slightly less convenient.

For whatever reason, I have a tough time getting a good gun fit with most guns. I've tried stock bending, but there's nothing like the ability to custom fit the Benelli stock for drop and cast. It takes 10 minutes or so, and you will have the most comfortable fitting gun you've ever owned.

Good luck,

Ike

SS uses "Crio Plus" extended chokes M2 uses flush chokes

SS holds 4+1 (plug removed) M2 3+1

SS ported M2 non-ported

SS 12g: 28" or 30" only M2 various barrel lengths

Both weigh the same with the same barrel length (ie: 7.2lb for 28")

I've shot SBE, Sport 2, Monte, Legacy and my SS; I have "become one" with the SS; BTW, don't let anyone talk you out of the SS based on porting, it's no louder and I believe it does reduce muzzle climb.

Good luck.

SS uses "Crio Plus" extended chokes M2 uses flush chokes

SS holds 4+1 (plug removed) M2 3+1

SS ported M2 non-ported

SS 12g: 28" or 30" only M2 various barrel lengths

Both weigh the same with the same barrel length (ie: 7.2lb for 28")

I've shot SBE, Sport 2, Monte, Legacy and my SS; I have "become one" with the SS; BTW, don't let anyone talk you out of the SS based on porting, it's no louder and I believe it does reduce muzzle climb.

Good luck.

I think you forgot the SS just looks cool to.