stf 3000 o/u

Shotguns "R" us

I was wondering if anyone has heard of the Benelli stf 3000 o/u shotgun and if its any good. Its made by Stoeger but Benelli has it listed under their name,in my local dicks catalog. Its goin for $350.00 and it would be used for mostly clay shooting. Also are o/u any good for hunting? As I said it will be used 99.9% for clay shooting but who knows i might start hunting if I really want to:D.

• 1 year later...

I think the STF 3000, (the newer models anyway), are Benelli's attempt to bring the quality up at Stoeger. It's not a new model, but over the last year - especially in the last several months, the examples I've unpacked and set up have been very, very nice for the money. Ejectors, external chokes, nicer wood, engraved receiver, nicer overall fit and finish. We have been running sales on them, ($349.00 after rebate) and the response - not only to sales, but to returning customers expressing satisfaction, has more than impressed me enough to buy one myself...It's certainly no Red Label, but to me it represents an avenue for new and less well-heeled shooters to get into the sport...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...