M2 Problems

LEIF

I have a M2 which I keep for home defense.

I would like to keep it with the hammer down on an empty chamber and the magazine full .

I have not been able to do so however, because the magazine can only be loaded with the hammer cocked. I have triedcocking it on an empty chamber, loading the mag. , then releasing the hammer on the empty chamber , but when i do this and try to rack a round into the chamber, the shell will not load .

Am I doing something wrong? , is there a problem with the gun ? Is there any way to the gun work as desired ?

I would like to keep it with the hammer down on an empty chamber and the magazine full .

I have not been able to do so however, because the magazine can only be loaded with the hammer cocked. I have triedcocking it on an empty chamber, loading the mag. , then releasing the hammer on the empty chamber , but when i do this and try to rack a round into the chamber, the shell will not load .

Am I doing something wrong? , is there a problem with the gun ? Is there any way to the gun work as desired ?

You have to press the little tab by the trigger guard to get a round to the top of the carrier and THEN rack the slide. Sorry I don't know the name of the tab.

• 2 weeks later...
maybe there are different names for the lever. but i beleave in my M3 manual its the "cocked indicator tab"

Jesse

:)

Cartridge drop lever (Works three ways:)

• Pulling back on the operating bolt handle and pressing the cartridge drop lever locks the bolt to the rear.
  • With bolt forward, pressing it releases a shell onto the carrier.
  • Visibility of the red dot indicates the hammer is cocked.

What does it matter if the hammer is cocked or not if your leaving the chamber empty? Besides for your homedense your weapon should be fully loaded ready to go! You never know if you will forget to load a round into the chamber, besides that makes alot of noise, if someones into your house you want the element of surprise if you plan on using your weapon against them....better have a light on that shotgun too

• 11 months later...

I would beg to differ, speaking from my own experience. When I was 15 a guy broke into my Dad's machine shop. Of course the dog was going nuts, so I took a pump shotgun to investigate. this was CA, and the law doesn't always favor the homeowner so I had rounds in the magazine, but not in the chamber. I was standing outside the bldg adjacent to our house and I noticed the lock on the side door was broken off...

I said very loudly " You are making a bad mistake, I have a gun..." and then I racked the slide to load a round in the chamber. I was scared 'cause it was pretty dark, but I think the guy inside was even more scared 'cause that distinctive sound of the slide working caused him to immediately stand up inside and call out to me...He was very cooperative and quiet and still. The cops took almost 30 minutes to get there...No shots fired, just a broken door latch to fix. Turned out we knew the kid, he lived down the street, and he ran with a bad crowd. I still know his parents...