Briley chokes....theres alot!!!

skinitback

I was on there sight looking for a choke. Nothing I saw mention anything specific for steel shot / HD other than the hunting choke. Are any chokes besides full used with steel I am dumb to chokes and I'm finding them very interesting and opinionable subjects.

Wad Wizard made me think more three dimensional considering we think on a 2 deminsional track the fact that our typical shot pattern out of certain guns can be up to 15 feet long. The pattern is not hitting the 30 inch circle at the same time.So if its moving that realyl throws you off because you don't know when most of the shot hit the Circle. We pattern our gun front to back and not at moving consistant targets. And all the variables.Brands of shot, size, length, wind, heat, cold. It to me is very confusing and expensive sounding!!!

I was on there sight looking for a choke. Nothing I saw mention anything specific for steel shot / HD other than the hunting choke. Are any chokes besides full used with steel I am dumb to chokes and I'm finding them very interesting and opinionable subjects.

Wad Wizard made me think more three dimensional considering we think on a 2 deminsional track the fact that our typical shot pattern out of certain guns can be up to 15 feet long. The pattern is not hitting the 30 inch circle at the same time.So if its moving that realyl throws you off because you don't know when most of the shot hit the Circle. We pattern our gun front to back and not at moving consistant targets. And all the variables.Brands of shot, size, length, wind, heat, cold. It to me is very confusing and expensive sounding!!!

I bought a set of their extended chokes for my M2 and asked them at the same time about steel and nontox. Their response was tpo go no tighter than MOD with their chokes.

Mike

This info is from Briley's webpage under the FAQ section....

Can I shoot non-toxic shot through replacement chokes?

All Briley Replacement Chokes up to and including "Improved Modified" will handle steel, tungsten, etc. Briley Replacement "TITANIUM" Chokes are for "LEAD ONLY". Briley "THIN WALL" chokes must state "FOR STEEL" on the side of the choke. If not then "LEAD" shot only may be used.

There is also a chart on the same page with lead to steal choke conversions.