Which Dewey rod? Which +2 Extension?

Domonlord

Just got a new M4! Going to post pictures up one of these days. Time to buy some accessories!

Which +2 Extension should I get? Link preferred.

Which Dewey rod would work best with the M4? I've never owned a Dewey rod before, but look forward to one after hearing great things about the quality.

Get a full length tube, even if you don't want/can't afford one now. If you buy a +2, you will just end up wanting a full length tube later on, and you'll end up spending more money. Socomguy makes/sells full length tubes, he has a thread here.

http://www.benelliusa.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16367

As for a rod, it really doesn't matter on a shotgun. There's no rifling, thus no real need to be super anal about scraping off the chromezzzz or cleaning every last bit of residue out. I only clean my m4 when I'm bored ... it doesn't need it. But if you want a nice rod to go with your shiney new gun, a dewey or boretech is a solid choice. Most of us just use a boresnake for quick cleaning, or whatever rod is around for more thorough cleaning should it ever be needed.

Why are full length tubes so much better than extensions?

I agree with Duggan on the Dewey rod for a shotgun with a chrome lined bore. It's just unnecessary-save your money for some extra chokes and some good ammo, or a Surefire light.

The ext. just screws on the mag tube and you end up with the same thing functionally, but with one difference, you can tell its an ext. It's not going to come loose or anything like that because the threaded endcap on the mag tube prevents this. The ext I use is the factory one so I don't have to take it off, ever. The upside to an ext is you can config back to reg mag capacity for hunting, lets say. Although, I think Benelli sells the extended plugs for the long mag tubes.

I agree with Duggan on the Dewey rod for a shotgun with a chrome lined bore. It's just unnecessary-save your money for some extra chokes and some good ammo, or a Surefire light.

The ext. just screws on the mag tube and you end up with the same thing functionally, but with one difference, you can tell its an ext. It's not going to come loose or anything like that because the threaded endcap on the mag tube prevents this. The ext I use is the factory one so I don't have to take it off, ever. The upside to an ext is you can config back to reg mag capacity for hunting, lets say. Although, I think Benelli sells the extended plugs for the long mag tubes.

Oooh. Any pics of a full tube vs an extension? If it's not that big a difference in appearance, I'll just go for the extension.

This forum is littered with hundreds of pictures of m4's with full length tubes and extensions. Search a bit and you will find them.

The full length tube is cleaner looking and just better ... there's no reason not to get one if you're going for +2 rounds.