Remington Drylube Teflon & Benelli Montefeltro

officework13

i have B. Monte. i hunt in sandy soil conditions and when the wind blows my gun seems to attract a lot of dust. it gets even worse when i use any type of oil (as one would expect). i have been informed that Remington Drylube which is a teflon spray works good and will not attract the dust.

has anyone used this and what kind of success. is it harmful to the finish on the barrel or stock.

thanks.

Mostly any teflon spray will discolor what it is sprayed on, looks like a white film, dark surfaces are worse. The Drylube can says on it only a light spray is necessary and if it turns white you've put on too much. I've only used it inside the receiver & on the bolt of my 10/22 and it does seem to work ok. I've only been using it for the last year, so I'm not exactly sure if there will be excess wear or not compared to an actual oil.