Which extension for the M4 should I get?

Domonlord

• 2 weeks later...

Buy a full length 7 round tube. Do NOT buy a +2 extension ... you will just end up buying a full length tube later and your extension will sit unused.

The only reason to really buy a +2 over a full length tube is if you're cheap as ****, or want to swap back your 5+limiter tube for some reason ... which you can still do with a full length tube if you don't loctite it into place, like I haven't.

Those tubes in your first link look a lot like socomguys tubes (he may sell through them, who knows). Get one of those, or one from socomguy in his thread here.

http://www.benelliusa.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16367

Buy a full length 7 round tube. Do NOT buy a +2 extension ... you will just end up buying a full length tube later and your extension will sit unused.

The only reason to really buy a +2 over a full length tube is if you're cheap as ****, or want to swap back your 5+limiter tube for some reason ... which you can still do with a full length tube if you don't loctite it into place, like I haven't.

Those tubes in your first link look a lot like socomguys tubes (he may sell through them, who knows). Get one of those, or one from socomguy in his thread here.

http://www.benelliusa.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16367

+1 But if you want my 2 round extension, you can have it for shipping cost. $10

It's the tw round tube, an spring and the coupler. I had the tube type III hard anodized, cause the original finish was BS.

• 2 months later...
If you bought a 1500 dollar M4 I would spend the extra money to get a real Factory Benelli extension or tube. Just mho.

There is NO advantage to the factory 7 round tube. I bought 4 of them and sold each one. The finish on them was nothing impressive at all, the tooling was rather coarse, and they in general did not justify the "OMG ITS A FACTORY PART IT MUST BE BETTER" stereotype.

I'd say the opposite is true. Most of the aftermarket tubes that I've handled or looked at seem to be hands down better than the stock tubes.

Not that it really matters. But to say paying a premium for a stock part is always worth it is foolish.