rifled? Smoothbore?

Nikolai552

I've got a question you may or may not be able to answer Flick.

I just got a red dot for My SN. Is it going to be hard to sight it in with rifled slugs? I'm gunna sight it in at at 40-50 yards. My guess is, i will be getting around 6" groups once zeroed?

-Tips welcome if you know of any when it comes to zeroing in a red dot on a smooth bore.

I've got a question you may or may not be able to answer Flick.

I just got a red dot for My SN. Is it going to be hard to sight it in with rifled slugs? I'm gunna sight it in at at 40-50 yards. My guess is, i will be getting around 6" groups once zeroed?

-Tips welcome if you know of any when it comes to zeroing in a red dot on a smooth bore.

recoil might throw off your zero. I saw the picture of your gun (sharp) but I couldn't see who made the red dot. Anyway, start at 15 yards and work back. You will see your groups opening up at you move back. P.S give the barrel time to cool.

novaking

What Novaking said. I do not think you will have any problems. I have hand load buckshot loaded at max pressure and almost 2 oz. of lead and have had no problems w/red dot sights. Keep the barrel clean as any plastic in bore will make the slug tumble. I would expect (from a clean gun and from a cool barrel) 3" groups @50 yrds.

What Novaking said. I do not think you will have any problems. I have hand load buckshot loaded at max pressure and almost 2 oz. of lead and have had no problems w/red dot sights. Keep the barrel clean as any plastic in bore will make the slug tumble. I would expect (from a clean gun and from a cool barrel) 3" groups @50 yrds.

And if you don't get 3 inch groups at 50 yards, change your slug, get your eyes checked or don't shoot fo far but than gun should get that easy.