Grizzly man

rooster31

Man have any of you seen this show on the discovery channel called Grizzly Man, about this

NUT CASE that went into the alaskan bush and lived with the grizzlys, this is a classic case of wacko green peace gone off the deep end, This is what hunters need to be affraid of, not the fact of being protested or challanged by these people, but comming up on one of these physcos in the wild, what are your thoughts???? :confused: :confused:

I'm not a huge fan of Darwin. However, in this case, NATURAL SELECTION certainly applies.

I'll charter a plane for the next moron (or thirty) who wants to live with the grizzlies. Better get him up there before he gets the chance to reproduce.

:D :D :D

[ 02-27-2006, 09:35 AM: Message edited by: Cleric ]

...rented the DVD with no expectations (other than some positive reviews)....completely blew me away...the guy was a freakin' closet case...like a gay hairdresser that missed his bus back to san fran...ended up wandering around in denali...left me speechless...favorite parts were many but particularly enjoyed the old timer's comment surmising that the bear 's left him alone thinking he might be "retarded or mentally ill"...

well worth renting on DVD so you don't get the large number of commercials and edits..

garren is right the guy had to of had nerves of steel. However I think Timothy Treadwell (that was his name) had a severe chemical inbalance. I tivo'd the special and have watched it a couple times. Its quite evident from his behavior in ceartin takes, one second he's on top of the world the next he's a raving lunatic. To me he clearly suffered from bi-polar disorder. When I first heard about this guy and what he'd been doing for 13 years I was fascinated. It made me think of the lady Dr. Jane Goodall (think thats her name) that lived with the silver back gorillas in the bush for years on end, she gained so much of the ape's trust they let her groom them. She was up close and personal and no harm ever came to her that I'm aware of. However after seeing the Grizzly special I quickly realized this guy was nothing like Jane Godall and her study of apes. I spoke with another member of this forum via pm because hes a resident of Alaska and I was curious what he thought. Part of what he said was that the whole thing turned into a tragedy. He got that girl (and himself) killed, and all for not. He actually did more harm than good to the animal he was willing to give his life for. A real tragedy on so many levels. Absolutely no good came from this guys study.

I don't know if he had nerves of steel, I was kind of thinking he might be missing a basic part of being human...the part that gives us a healthy fear of things that can eat you or tear you into little pieces. It was obvious he knew it from an intellectual viewpoint, I think he just couldn't feel it.

I do believe he was breaking the law by coming in too close a contact with the bears. I also think he was doing the bears an injustice because he might have removed some of their fear of man.

I live and work in Alaska too, I work where we have polar bears coming through from time to time, it's neat to see them but I couldn't imagine getting as close to one as he did to the Brown bears.

Originally posted by Likwid:

I don't know anything about that show, but how exactly is this dude protecting bears? Does he throw his sandals at would-be hunters? Maybe he'll have an encounter similar to that freak in the vegas show with the tiger a while back.

He already did...and it was much worse. He and his girlfriend were eaten by an old Brown bear. A video camera was running and caught the sounds of them being killed, but the person who owns the tape won't release it.

I'm not sure how he thought he was protecting them. :confused:

I think I saw that "documentary." A classic case of flat out stupidity. Sort of like if Michael Moore was dumb enough to go cruising crime ridden neighborhoods to make his next gun control propaganda. Or, somebody swimming amongst feeding sharks. If the girl was so dumb as to not be able to make SOME sort of logical evaluation of the risks involved with invading an area loaded with 1,500lb carnivore on her own behalf ... they both received what any sane person would expect to happen.

****(GRAPHIC PHOTO)***

http://www.plus613.com/image/5201 ****(GRAPHIC PHOTO)***

Hopefully it will prevent other misguided souls from suffering the same fate; due to an unrealistic understanding of predators, their territory, and unarmed man's place in the food chain.