where to get an M4 ?

awmp

• 5 weeks later...

Love those desert camo's. Those chokes are interchangable for that gun right? How well do you tink it would pattern with buckshot and full choke at 50-55 yards compared to SBII Tucker?

Love those desert camo's. Those chokes are interchangable for that gun right? How well do you tink it would pattern with buckshot and full choke at 50-55 yards compared to SBII Tucker?

For 50-55 yards you will need something like the Buck Kicker choke I bought from Kick's. A normal Benelli choke will really suck it up at that kind of distance.

At 50 yards with my Primos Dead Deer choke and Remington 15 pelled 3" buckshot I was keeping 50% of my pellets on a 14x20" piece of paper. The Kicks should do even better. The stock MOD choke was hopeless.

Hey, please post a full report on how that that choke does. I need a good choke for long range Buck and one for 50 yrd turkeys. I am using a Briley IM and it does ok, but I'm looking for better performance. I've got a flock of about 30 turkeys that come within 40-50yrds of my back door.

For 50-55 yards you will need something like the Buck Kicker choke I bought from Kick's. A normal Benelli choke will really suck it up at that kind of distance.

At 50 yards with my Primos Dead Deer choke and Remington 15 pelled 3" buckshot I was keeping 50% of my pellets on a 14x20" piece of paper. The Kicks should do even better. The stock MOD choke was hopeless.

Ive killed a deer at almost 60 yards with stock fullchoke and 3.5" federal 00 vital shok

Hey, please post a full report on how that that choke does. I need a good choke for long range Buck and one for 50 yrd turkeys. I am using a Briley IM and it does ok, but I'm looking for better performance. I've got a flock of about 30 turkeys that come within 40-50yrds of my back door.

Well, the Buck Kicker was a .685 and it performed very poorly with most anything I put through it. My $30 Primos Dead Deer tube owned it past 15 yards. However, I called Chuck and he thinks there is something wrong with my tube. He sent me 2 more tubes to pattern (one a replacement, and one in .680). I am going to give those two a try. He said if that doesn't do it, he will give me a refund.

I look at it this way, every now and then a gun finds a choke it just doesn't like. I think that is what happened here as Chuck makes a quality product. He also has GREAT! customer service (as evidenced by him shipping me another $160 worth of chokes to play with in addition to the one I already have and asking me to return the 2 that I don't like if 1 of them does well). You just can't beat that kind of service!

I am going to pattern again this weekend and see what it does. I expect it will be much better this go around. Chuck knows his stuff.

Thanks for the update. I look forward to your next outing and report. +1 on a particular gun shooting well with a specific choke. Guns can be fickle.

Well, I patterned the chokes.

X-Full BK: Did pretty good out to 25 yards, at 30 yards there was a very noticeable donut pattern with 9-pellet 2.75" OO Buck. With the 3" shells, which is what is recommended for it, there was what I call "blown/strung" patterns. That is to say, they were about 8-12" wide with some fliers, but over 20" tall top to bottom at 25-30 yards.

The Full BK sent to me performed exactly as the original one I had did. Erratic and poor patterns past 20-25 yards.

In short, Kick's is refunding my purchase. My Primos Dead Deer tube still outperformed the Kick's tubes by a good margin. I am still not satisfied with it, as I feel improvement can be made and that it IS possible to get "consistant patterns within 20" at 40 yards." I will be buying a Wad Wizard Supreme in my search for a tight-patterning buckshot tube.

MY barrel just does not like Kick's tubes, for whatever reason.

However. Kick's tubes are VERY well made and I loved how it looked/fit on my M4. I really wish my shotgun had liked the tube. They are great tubes and Kick's Ind. is a great company to deal with. Shotguns are finicky creatures I am learning. My experience with Kick's was nothing but positive, however, and I recommend their product. If your shotgun likes it, they are great people and great products.