Can't fill Codoba magazine

cordoba2008

Strange, but I can only load two shells in my 20 ga Cordoba plus the one in the chamber.:confused:

Advertizing indicates 4 + 1 but using #8 shells (2 3/4"), the third shell I try to insert into the magazine will only go in about half-way.

I have tried loading a shell in the chamber and then the magazine; and I have tried loading shells into the mag before loading one into the chamber.

Anyone else experience this? Am I missing something?:rolleyes:

The magazine plug is in the shotgun still for Legal hunting of Migitory birds. Look at your manual to figure out how to take the magazine plug out of the tube.

Jesse

Thanks for the suggestion, Jesse. However, the manual says nothing about a magazine plug or how to remove one. Anyone know how to remove the plug?

Phil

Take off the forearm retainer cap; the plug is an aluminum rod with a head in the threaded magazine "nipple".

Well....duh!!

Thanks, Banjo! I had never even noticed that aluminum rod; I just thought that was an aluminum "cap" on the end of the magazine tube!

So, it is strictly for use when hunting migratory birds? Removing it is not a problem otherwise?

Well....duh!!

Thanks, Banjo! I had never even noticed that aluminum rod; I just thought that was an aluminum "cap" on the end of the magazine tube!

So, it is strictly for use when hunting migratory birds? Removing it is not a problem otherwise?

Check your local laws regarding use of the weapon for other game species.

Some states do require a three shot limit for other game as well.

Check your local laws regarding use of the weapon for other game species.

Some states do require a three shot limit for other game as well.

Thanks to all for the useful information...

sometimes it's the simplest things that screw us up :o...

I will certainly check local hunting laws before I go hunting anything other than clay.