trigger pull

Sandman

Does anyone else's M4 have a hard trigger pull and a uncomfortable trigger? I fixed the trigger by smooth stoning it and it doesnt bite as bad now. I realize its a combat gun but damn. I talked to a gunsmith and he said he can fix it but he'd have to do some cutting and welding and im not to thrilled bout that and im not gonna go that route.

i didnt fix the pull i smoothed out the sides of the trigger itself. i used a simple round grinding stone to smooth out the straight sides of the trigger. it took alittle work and some reblueing but its alot more comfortable now and the pull doesnt bother me near as much. i was gonna use a dremel but i didnt want to take alot off just enough to remove that straight line that bites ya.

Careful modifying things used for home defense.

If, God forbid, you ever actually have to use the gun in self defense, the fact that you modified the trigger may be used against you in court. Same if you use home-made reloads (don't use reloads, use factory shells.) Same with even something as simple as cocking the hammer on your revolver (don't cock the hammer, use the double action trigger.)

I know, its stupid, but lawyers will use any avenue to make you seem the culprit in a criminal or civil court.

The stock m4 trigger sucks.

I don't mind the hard trigger pull, but it is long creepy and wobbly to a seemingly unnecessary extent.

Give more details about what you did to improve it, there are lots of people interested in this.

duggan,, don't encourage bad habits,,someone gonna get shot,,next the saftey will be to difficult ,,there are other models out there if the Benelli M1014/m4 is too much for ya,,start messin with the factory engineering and you may wish you hadn't.this is a very common sense saftey tip from a long time standing Senior member,,next ,,ya'll be posting your bloody pics if your still alive.

I wasn't really encouraging anything. I was inquiring as to what he had done, and agreeing that the stock trigger sucks.

Oh, and everyone knows that the stock safeties are WAYYY TOO LOUD, you have to use a hammer and punch to move them and they scare away every animal within a 300 mile radius.