Military M1014 Joint Service Combat Shotgun

ASO544

There are lots of viable optics, eotechs/aimpoints if you use the collapsible stock for cheek weld issues, irondots and the mini aimpoint for full length stocks, or whatever you can find.

For lights, you either have to get a rail from BT/surefire (both of which have problems) and then put a scoutlight or whatever on it, or you can get a tube clamp light/rail and go that route. I haven't seen any pictures of military m4s having lights on them.

I too would like to know. For my optic I am going with a Larue throw-lever low-pro mount and a Pride/Fowler mini-dot sight.

Allows change of the battery without removing the optic from the mount, on/off as well as automatic brightness, and the Larue throw-lever will allow QD and re-attatchment with a high level of precision.

Are there any sights/mounts that allow you to use the iron sights as well? I would guess even an Aimpoint mounted on its lowest mount would still block the Ghost Rings from looking throught the APs glass, and I can not think of a mount that has an open lower area to allow the Ghost Rings to look under the mounted AP/optic.

Seems to either be iron sights or optic...not both. Now this one seems interesting as it is small and leaves an open heads up view vs an Aimpoint/EOtech that has you looking through a cylinder. Still no GRs though!!!

http://stores.homestead.com/Laruetactical/Detail.bok?no=68

P7157694coin.jpg

^^that's an irondot, and I don't beleive it will cowitness.

The m4 sights are really low, I don't think any optic is going to be low enough to cowitness, and certainly not true cowitness ... maybe lower 1/3, but I have yet to hear reports of anything being low enough for even that.

^^that's an irondot, and I don't beleive it will cowitness.

The m4 sights are really low, I don't think any optic is going to be low enough to cowitness, and certainly not true cowitness ... maybe lower 1/3, but I have yet to hear reports of anything being low enough for even that.

Yep, no way no how. Just get a QD mount and if it goes TU, take it off and go irons.

Also, you say an eotech is like "looking through a cylinder" ... which makes me beleive you've never used an eotech, as they are the ultimate both eyes open fast target acquisition sight. There is nothing cylinder about them. It doesn't have a round tube like an aimpoint, it's a flat clear window that projects a hologram. They are just a little big/high for m4 use without a collapsible stock.

Also, you say an eotech is like "looking through a cylinder" ... which makes me beleive you've never used an eotech, as they are the ultimate both eyes open fast target acquisition sight. There is nothing cylinder about them. It doesn't have a round tube like an aimpoint, it's a flat clear window that projects a hologram. They are just a little big/high for m4 use without a collapsible stock.

+1 Nothing tube-like about it except the shaft EOTech is giving it's customers by not recognizing/fixing the design flaw that causes the battery-drain issue some experience.