What is CLP???

cordoba2008

I keep seeing references to it, but what is CLP? It's like some sort of secret handshake when you get on one of these forums...everyone assumes everyone else knows what they are talking about.

I will admit my ignorance.

I can make a guess, but why guess when you guys know (or pretend to know) what you are talking about.:o:D

http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/productdetail.aspx?p=1683&st=CLP&s=

Breakfree CLP. There are other products that are CLP's, but when someone says CLP they generally are referring to breakfree.

It's a single item that does all 3 jobs pretty well, thus the appeal.

I bought a gallon of it a few years ago, I've used about half of that gallon so far :)

I bought a gallon of it a few years ago, I've used about half of that gallon so far :)

Wow... Quality AND Quanity

I know a guy that bought two gallon's once :eek:

JK

Seriously though CLP is good stuff... I used it in the Army and now. We used to put thousands of blank rounds through our M-16's in basic trng. with blank adapters stuffed in the muzzle. CLP cut through the caked on carbon with ease.

Breakfree CLP is great as a lubricant and protectant, but I still use good old Hoppes #9 for cleaning. I clean with hoppes, then lubricate with CLP, then protect the metal surfaces with CLP as well. You can get a bottle of it on MidwayUSA, but they also have ones that come in like baby wipe form. This is good for the field or to wipe down your gun.