All you Benelli M4 owners!!

Domonlord

Need advice on accessories now. :)

Gonna hold off on the red dot until I get all my choices sorted out. Already got an extension tube now.

I'm looking to get a Mesa Tactical 8 shot shell carrier... but was wondering if these worked with our M4s.

http://www.tacticalshotgunner.com/mesa-tactical-stock-mount-aluminum-4shot-sureshell-carrier-p-74.html

It says for M1... but I don't know why there'd be a problem for the M4. If not... maybe a sleeve of some sort that can hold a few shells?

I want to put some buckshot on the 8 rail carrier, then some slugs on the buttstock one so I will never have to fumble around and always know what shells are what.

...edit. Oh... and what sling do you guys use?

I don't like shotshell carriers personally, I think they add too much weight and throw off the balance, so I can't give you advice on those.

If I was buying another m4, I don't think I could live without the GG&G large bolt release pad. After a full length tube, I think it's the biggest upgrade you can do to an m4.

I'm also a huge fan of my new Progressive Machine & Tool titanium bolt handle. It's larger and much more aggresively textured than the standard little handle, and I find it to be much easier to handle.

http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/ProductDetail.aspx?p=26414&title=BENELLI%20BOLT%20RELEASE%20BUTTON

http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/productdetail.aspx?p=22928&st=progressive%20handle&s=

My advice though, would be to shoot your gun for a month and find out what you want to turn it into. I wouldn't go burning through cash buying accessories after only shooting my gun once.

http://www.benelliusa.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16687

Here is my mod list, should be arriving next week.

Nice upgrades you got listed there. Quick question... your buttstock 4 shell holder is the same one I listed at tacticalshotgunner, right? So it does work with ours as well?

What's the advantage of having a 3 point sling as opposed to a 2 point sling?

And thanks a bunch Duggan for showing me those accessories. I'll probably get those after a red dot. I love the idea of a better charging handle and a bolt release... but I'm not gonna lie... my eyes went big when I saw it cost $120 for a simple bolt release pad.

Yea, they're expensive, but you get what you pay for.

It's actually a pretty complex job, swapping out the bolt release pad ... it's one of the hardest mods I've ever done. Prepare for lots of cursing, weapon scratching and sore fingers if you attempt to do it yourself, like I did. I ultimately got it done, but it sucked.

The end result is worth it though.

Yea, they're expensive, but you get what you pay for.

It's actually a pretty complex job, swapping out the bolt release pad ... it's one of the hardest mods I've ever done. Prepare for lots of cursing, weapon scratching and sore fingers if you attempt to do it yourself, like I did. I ultimately got it done, but it sucked.

The end result is worth it though.

Any chance of Pics? :D

Nice upgrades you got listed there. Quick question... your buttstock 4 shell holder is the same one I listed at tacticalshotgunner, right? So it does work with ours as well?

What's the advantage of having a 3 point sling as opposed to a 2 point sling?

And thanks a bunch Duggan for showing me those accessories. I'll probably get those after a red dot. I love the idea of a better charging handle and a bolt release... but I'm not gonna lie... my eyes went big when I saw it cost $120 for a simple bolt release pad.

Yes, it is the same and should work on any PG Benelli buttstock. I will let you know when it arrives.

3-point sling:

http://www.spectergear.com/carryoptions.htm

Yes, it is the same and should work on any PG Benelli buttstock. I will let you know when it arrives.

3-point sling:

http://www.spectergear.com/carryoptions.htm

Please keep us updated on the buttstock shell holder. I talked to tactical shotgunner via email and they told me it wouldn't work for Benelli M4s. The M1 and the M4 fixed buttstock look very similar tho. :confused: Maybe they were thinking about the Collapsible M4 stock?

My mods are as follows:

Socom guy mag tube

Wolf universal shotgun magazine spring

PMT large bolt handle

Mesa 6 shot side saddle

Nordic components barrel band clamp

Surefire M80 rail forend

Sure X 300 light with paddle switch.

Duggan:

The large release pad. Is that just a drill and tap?

I don't really know what you mean.

It's no harder than removing and replacing the stock release ... but to do that is a ***** as well.

The actual large release pad is just a piece of metal that is held onto the modified release mechanism by a hex screw ... imagine the stock m4 release, if you were to drill into the release button, thread it, then screw a piece of metal over it. That's basically what you're doing.

The problem is that the drift you are punching out is extremely tight, and it's lined up with a spring loaded component on 4 points. It's easy to get out ... very hard to get back in.

You take the old release mechanism completely out, replace with the new, nearly identical release mechanism (only differece is the "button" is larger and made to accept a hex screw, as I said.). You now have to line up the top and bottom of the release with the top and the bottom of the receiver, while holding a drift in place and then hammering a tight drift back into place without moving the pieces you are holding ... it's fvcking hard. Oh, did I mention it's all springloaded while you're doing this? So that it wants to fly out of your hand, and out of line? Oh, and that you can't SEE any of this, as it's inside the receiver, and your hand is blocking your only view of it?

It's worth it in the end but trust me, it's aggravating to do. I'm very good at assembly/disassembly type stuff, but this sucked. Holding a spring loaded component perfectly in place, while essentially blind, while stabilizing a heavy gun with the same hand, while then holding a drift in place to hammer down ... it's hard. Blah blah.

Try it. I'll love to hear your stories. Maybe I just suck. Prove me wrong :)

(hope I made some sense, Im falling asleep)

lol Duggan. Are you talking to me? If so, we're possibly talking about 2 different things.

http://www.tacticalshotgunner.com/mesa-tactical-stock-mount-4shot-sureshell-carrier-m1m2m3-and-p-74.html

I was hoping someone had success with that on a benelli m4 fixed stock.

I did not. If you want to see if you WILL, try to remove your stock sling loop, if it is not glued in, then it should work. If it IS glued in, good luck! I heat-gunned it so hardcore the CLP smoked off. Nothing.

I just returned mine to Ron, who by the way, above and completely beyond standard customer service, sent me a Mesa Tactical 6-round reciever mount shell holder in exchange for my return and a $50 check. He sent it today, the same day I sent my return to him, so that I can have my setup togather for the weekend. As a Clinicals student, my weekends are all I have, and only a little bit then. I appreciate putting his going against the industry norm and putting product and $ on the line for a customer when he obviously does not have to in the least. This action has ensured that if I ever need anything he can get, I will get it from him. I will advise everyone I know to do the same.

Hands down, order your stuff from Ron. He will go above and beyond and you will not be dissapointed. Even if you can get it $5 cheaper elsewhere, go with Ron @ www.tacticalshotgunner.com . There are some things worth spending $5-10 more for, and EXCELLENT CS is one of them.

I did not. If you want to see if you WILL, try to remove your stock sling loop, if it is not glued in, then it should work. If it IS glued in, good luck! I heat-gunned it so hardcore the CLP smoked off. Nothing.

I just returned mine to Ron, who by the way, above and completely beyond standard customer service, sent me a Mesa Tactical 6-round reciever mount shell holder in exchange for my return and a $50 check. He sent it today, the same day I sent my return to him, so that I can have my setup togather for the weekend. As a Clinicals student, my weekends are all I have, and only a little bit then. I appreciate putting his going against the industry norm and putting product and $ on the line for a customer when he obviously does not have to in the least. This action has ensured that if I ever need anything he can get, I will get it from him. I will advise everyone I know to do the same.

Hands down, order your stuff from Ron. He will go above and beyond and you will not be dissapointed. Even if you can get it $5 cheaper elsewhere, go with Ron @ www.tacticalshotgunner.com . There are some things worth spending $5-10 more for, and EXCELLENT CS is one of them.

Hmm... guess I'll be ordering my Mesa 8 shell holder from Ron then. Let me see if I understand, the buttstock shell holder didn't work because the stock sling loop is not removable? :mad:

Hmm... guess I'll be ordering my Mesa 8 shell holder from Ron then. Let me see if I understand, the buttstock shell holder didn't work because the stock sling loop is not removable? :mad:

Correct. What occured was the nut you see when you take the buttpad off? Yeah, that came off easily. The problem was that those washers and that T-shaped metal piece and the sling loop are all glued togather on that 2-sided bolt. Benelli said a heatgun would do it, but It didn't cut it for me, and I heated it up pretty hardcore. I would be scared to do more than I did. As it was it was literally smoking. Man that stock is wicked durable!

Need advice on accessories now. :)

Gonna hold off on the red dot until I get all my choices sorted out. Already got an extension tube now.

I'm looking to get a Mesa Tactical 8 shot shell carrier... but was wondering if these worked with our M4s.

http://www.tacticalshotgunner.com/mesa-tactical-stock-mount-aluminum-4shot-sureshell-carrier-p-74.html

It says for M1... but I don't know why there'd be a problem for the M4. If not... maybe a sleeve of some sort that can hold a few shells?

I want to put some buckshot on the 8 rail carrier, then some slugs on the buttstock one so I will never have to fumble around and always know what shells are what.

...edit. Oh... and what sling do you guys use?

The Mesa unit works great. A side saddle is a must on a combat shotgun.

Pat

IM001019.jpg

Sorry, I forgot that I was obligated to answer everyone's questions in full detail with links, pictures and explanations at 4am when I get home from work.

Google "shotgun speedloader". Look at the size, intended application, and benefits. Then apply it to a 9 round m4 defensive weapon. You should be able to figure it out.