Benelli Nova/Indian Creek

COPPERDOG

I have a Benelli Nova 12ga 28" barrel that I patterned today with an Indian Creek Black Diamond Strike .665 and Hevi-13 3" 2 oz #6.

At both 40 and 50 yards I put the red bead where I wanted to hit and the center of the pattern was about 8"-10" high. Is this common for a pattern to be high but centered? I would think the pattern should be centered where I sight down the rib and put the bead.

Has anyone else had this problem with an Indian Creek?

Copperdog

I have a Benelli Nova 12ga 28" barrel that I patterned today with an Indian Creek Black Diamond Strike .665 and Hevi-13 3" 2 oz #6.

At both 40 and 50 yards I put the red bead where I wanted to hit and the center of the pattern was about 8"-10" high. Is this common for a pattern to be high but centered? I would think the pattern should be centered where I sight down the rib and put the bead.

Has anyone else had this problem with an Indian Creek?

Copperdog

Sounds like a perfect gun to me :)

I set my SBE II to do exactly what you are describing - I aim at the base of the neck or slightly below - and the pattern rips into the head area.

I have found over the past 30 years or so of turkey hunting that blocking out the head does not work well for me - too many things can go wrong.

This way I can watch the head all the way up to the shot.

• 4 weeks later...