Help/Remove Rear Sling Loop on M4

Unobtanium

I gave up, Benelli told Ron of Tacticalshotgunner.com that it was glued in there. They advised that heating it with "A strong hair-dryer" would cause the adhesive to release. They said the stock could take A LOT! of heat (and it can!). I heated the thing up until the CLP smoked off. No loosening. I decided discretion was the better part of valor.

TAKE NOTE!

MESA TACTICAL BUTTSTOCK SHELL-HOLDERS WILL NOT WORK ON AN M4!

Ron has been a stand-up guy in his dealings with me on the purchase of this item. I am (regrettably) going to have to ship it back to him sometime this week as I cannot make it work. Props to Ron for calling Benelli for me as well as offering me either my money back, or store credit.

While I cannot recommend this product for M4 owners, I can recommend Ron as a dealer. Good people.

Unobtanium Thank you for the kind words it is much appreciated.

After getting off the phone with you the last time I got to thinking about it and on an older M4 that belonged to a customer we had removed the Stock to install a collapsible on his shotgun and when we did we seperated all the hardware out of the butt stock at that time. I wonder if the Adhesive is something Benelli started adding in the recent past. As Duggan's experience may point to.

Duggan If I may ask how old is your Benelli?

Unobtanium Thank you for the kind words it is much appreciated.

After getting off the phone with you the last time I got to thinking about it and on an older M4 that belonged to a customer we had removed the Stock to install a collapsible on his shotgun and when we did we seperated all the hardware out of the butt stock at that time. I wonder if the Adhesive is something Benelli started adding in the recent past. As Duggan's experience may point to.

Duggan If I may ask how old is your Benelli?

Not a problem at all. I feel that if someone treats a customer with the attention and respect that I was treated with when I phoned you for help/inquiry as to my problem, then the rest of the people out there should hear about it. Not only does it put the money in deserving hands, but it helps those who spend that money get what they pay for. Everybody wins.

I too think Benelli may have started this up recently (or does it sporadically). Either way, it is going to pry another $50 out of my wallet, but I think I will be all the happier for it.

PM sent, and will call you tomorrow.

I'll find out more info tomorrow if I have time, I'm pretty sure mine is loose though.

Edit: Since you're here anyways ... How's that quad rail coming along? Is it collecting dust? :\

If you talking about the rail that Mesa has been working on I do believe they have put it on the back burner.

I have heard rumors of another company working on them though here lately and Ive seen some pics of it and it looks real slick.

If you talking about the rail that Mesa has been working on I do believe they have put it on the back burner.

I have heard rumors of another company working on them though here lately and Ive seen some pics of it and it looks real slick.

What quad-rail is this? Are we talking handguards or mag-tube for accessories like lights, or what?

I don't care how mall-ninja it is, I would love to have a VFG with a Surefire in it. I have yet to find a good way to mount a light on this shotgun. Everything involves a clamp of some sort and clamps on shotguns are just a no-no imho.

PS. I have been tracking the shipment I sent you Gungho and it is in IN. That means mine should be in LA :)

Thanks a TON!

I will call you tomorrow to verify that everything that I sent you has arrived in order.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

The ergonomics of the FCAM were lacking in the prototype stages. The bottom was very bulky. I wasn't a big fan of the forward vertical grip on this weapon.

The lockup and engagement of the FCAM is awesome. However, there are further problems that I see now that could be addressed in different ways. Relying on the 5 screws in the top of the receiver to stabilize the top rail is a no go in my opinion. If I was going to advise again, I'd opt for a different route. Replacing the bracket that is held in place by the magazine tube and the receiver has a lot of potential.

Edited by StrangerDanger

The wrgonomics of the FCAM were lacking in the prototype stages. The bottom was very bulky. I wasn't a big fan of the forward vertical grip on this weapon.

The lockup and engagement of the FCAM is awesome. However, there are further problems that I see now that could be addressed in different ways. Relying on the 5 screws in the top of the receiver to stabilize the top rail is a no go in my opinion. If I was going to advise again, I'd opt for a different route. Replacing the bracket that is held in place by the magazine tube and the receiver has a lot of potential.

Yea, it always looked huge.

Too bad they never even brought it to market at all though :(