[PIC]Range Report of M1 Super 90

MueveloNYC

As some of you heard, I traded my HK P2000sk LEM for a Benelli M1 Super 90 which just happened to be NYC compliant.

Stats:

- HK marked imported

- 26" bull barrel

- full choke

- 3+1 capacity

- 12 gauge

Shot it with 5 shells of 7 1/2 birdshot. Thing is so smooth and recoil is nothing (LOL my .308 shooting match ammo hits harder). I love this thing. The last 2 shots I shot right after the other, which is why that one spot is lower than the rest of the grouping, which is a bit interesting. Muzzle rise was negligible.

benelli.jpg

That tear spot on the 7 ring is where the shot wad flew and hit the paper...

There happened to be a guy from London visiting NYC at the time taking the rifle class. He asked to pose with the shotty so he can show all his friends back home in antigun land. LOL Of course I let him :)

As some of you heard, I traded my HK P2000sk LEM for a Benelli M1 Super 90 which just happened to be NYC compliant.

Stats:

- HK marked imported

- 26" bull barrel

- full choke

- 3+1 capacity

- 12 gauge

Shot it with 5 shells of 7 1/2 birdshot. Thing is so smooth and recoil is nothing (LOL my .308 shooting match ammo hits harder). I love this thing. The last 2 shots I shot right after the other, which is why that one spot is lower than the rest of the grouping, which is a bit interesting. Muzzle rise was negligible.

That tear spot on the 7 ring is where the shot wad flew and hit the paper...

There happened to be a guy from London visiting NYC at the time taking the rifle class. He asked to pose with the shotty so he can show all his friends back home in antigun land. LOL Of course I let him :)

Obviously you are a liar. Everyone knows that Benellis are completely un-managable, even with #8 low-brass target loads :rolleyes:

Seriously though, it's nice to see another person who loves their weapon and doesn't complain about a little shove!

it could also just be the euphoria of when you just got a new gun for your collection :) But in all honesty the guys that have shot my 700p and the M1 are such whiners. Then again those are the guys who drive luxury cars where you can't feel the road. I drive a highly tuned car and love to feel the road and the bumps. I guess I like being one with my machines. :)

• 3 weeks later...

I shot 4 rounds of trap (100 targets total) and did relatively well. Shoulder was fine (then again, they're not buckshot or slugs...LOL)

Just curious, why are there so many haters of Benelli's at the trap line? Everyone is like get a real shotty (and rattle off what they shoot). What's the deal? Why the haters?

BTW - I just bought the Benelli case with the extra barrel sleeve and the shell holder (yeah I know it's expensive as heck, but hey I gotta fight the haters passively)

I shot 4 rounds of trap (100 targets total) and did relatively well. Shoulder was fine (then again, they're not buckshot or slugs...LOL)

Just curious, why are there so many haters of Benelli's at the trap line? Everyone is like get a real shotty (and rattle off what they shoot). What's the deal? Why the haters?

BTW - I just bought the Benelli case with the extra barrel sleeve and the shell holder (yeah I know it's expensive as heck, but hey I gotta fight the haters passively)

Because people think you need a Kreighoff (sp*) to turn good scores because they would like an excuse for their not turning good scores :p

Way back in 1986, I purchased my H&K Imported M1 S90 in "Defense Configuration". That means all black with rubber pistol grip, 7 + 1 magazine, basic rifle sights and 20 inch barrel with true cylinder choke (no choke). A few months later myself and serveral other Federal Police Officers attended the county police academy. The academy consisted of a few officers from each town in the county. On shotgun training day, I brought my Benelli as my department only issued revolvers and M16A1 rifles at the time. The entire afternoon was devoted to buckshot and rifle slug training. Most of the guys from other departments shared stock Remington riot pumps and I saw at least one Winchester riot gun. Half way into the afternoon, some of the Remington's and the Winchester had stopped working plus most of the guys were feeling the strain of shooting buckshot. If I remember correctly, I heard some foul muttering of naughty words. Myself and my Benelli were just blasting away with the buckshot and my target with the slugs looked like I was shooting a rifle. When I wasn't actually shooting, I loaned my Benelli to other officers from various towns. During a rest break the range official came over to look at my Benelli also. By the end of the day, my Benelli had been used almost continuosly without a single burp and quite a few officers were awarded shotgun certificates, using my Benelli, long after their issue Remingtons had long stopped working. Think my Benelli made a great impression that day and I got a lot of handshakes from the officers that borrowed it. After all these years, those town departments still buy Remington pumps and use there old stock of Remingtons. Why? Because that's what their Chief trained on. The county special reaction team has Benelli's !

Yeah I did notice after 100 shots fired my Benelli was still chugging away and my shoulder was fine. My left arm did hurt as, well, it IS a tactical/hunting shotgun. LOL

I did try someone else's trap gun, and they're noticably lighter. Then again, they're only designed to do one thing. I'm glad mine is more than that. :)

Oh, and I'll probably go with plastic wads next time. Cleaning out the barrel there was a ton of little fibers from the wads. After putting a good amount of Hoppes in there, cleaning it out it looked like black snot. LOL