Why no collapsible stock for the Supernova?

TexasExPat

If I were to guess ...

1) - One could argue that the market would not be very great, or worthy of the investment cost. Collapsible stocks are generally less comfortable than fixed stocks, and cost more to implement on a gun that's designed to be relatively cheap. Many people see them as gimmicks, and don't have any interest in them. Furthermore, there's the threefold logic of intended use ... If you intend to use a supernova for home defense, you want a simple weapon you're comfortable with and able to handle under stress (even CQB, I'm playing devils advocate) ... if you're looking to shoot a supernova for fun, the m4 is much more fun, and has a collapsible stock already ... and if you're looking to hunt with it, you don't need or want a collapsible stock (I don't think).

2) - The m4s collapsible stock is "mounted" on the recoil tube, completely independent of the pistol grip or receiver. I've never taken a supernova apart .... but I don't think it has a recoil tube being a pump :). Thus, a new design would be needed, and that means new molds, tooling, etc. They probably don't see it as a priority ... The cost of development for a new design (one that would have to be tested, refined, and then produced) may not be outweighed by the marginal revenue they would bring in from such a device being marketed.

3) - The comfortech system. Benelli is big on it. You can't have comfortech and a collapsible stock.

4) - There is a sea of collapsible stocks, mods and addons for the 870 and 590. Maybe benelli is trying to set itself apart from the cheap aftermarket gun hack job mod crowd. I dunno.

Just some ideas. I'm tired.

Benelli does make them. Mine was backordered for over a year but finally did show up.

IMG_1673-20081001005134.jpg

Free Image Hosting

I almost bought a Supernova, but I could not find a collapsible stock for it. I would buy on today if I could find a stock for it somewhere. That one is a lifetime keeper. If you EVER go crazy enough to sell it someday, send me a PM, I would gladly take it off of your hands.:D

The lack of a stock is also killing my friend who has a Supernova. It would absolutely make him green with envy if he ever saw your gun.

By the way, is that a two or three position stock?

Its a 5-position, and same as a M4, the shorter positions put your head up too high to see through the GR sights. I'm guessing you guys would also like my factory 14.5" barrel - I'll post pics as soon as my friend gives it back to me.

Its a 5-position, and same as a M4, the shorter positions put your head up too high to see through the GR sights. I'm guessing you guys would also like my factory 14.5" barrel - I'll post pics as soon as my friend gives it back to me.

It is a shortbarrel? I believe the picture is now REQUIRED. I would love to see a picture of that!

Be careful, class 3 firearms are not supposed to travel without the paperwork, and they cannot be "borrowed" either. The ATF is VERY strict about these regulations. I also hope your friend does not live in another state as a travel permit is required.

It is a shortbarrel? I believe the picture is now REQUIRED. I would love to see a picture of that!

Be careful, class 3 firearms are not supposed to travel without the paperwork, and they cannot be "borrowed" either. The ATF is VERY strict about these regulations. I also hope your friend does not live in another state as a travel permit is required.

Don't worry, I'm not from USA.

WOW!!! Great stock. How is the recoil now VS. Comfort tech?

I never really noticed any difference a difference in recoil between this one and the original pistol grip that the SNT came with, but I did try firing it with the stock shortened up and got a kick in the cheek similar to what those Knoxx stocks give you if you're not careful. I've never shot a Comfort tech stock before so can't help with that one. As far as getting one, I think the only country that has problems getting Benelli collapsible stocks is the US (other than long wait times!).

• 1 year later...

I won't believe it until I see it. Why would you ever lend such a rare gun to a friend? I don't even lend my regular SuperNova to a friend unless they are going hunting with me and want to try out a Benelli.

It will be cool to see if it is True. An explanation on how you went about getting those parts would be great for all of us SuperNova Fans.

Tyson

Benelli does make them. Mine was backordered for over a year but finally did show up.

so if you live in a country other than the U.S. and the nova collapsible stocks are legal/able to be gotten where you live, why dont you be a kind fellow benellian here and order a few and hook up some of the guys here in the U.S. on the downlow??;) im even sure they'd pay whatever the cost and whatever the wait for them!!:) i mean really, who would ever know??

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Shot about 2500 rnds since I bought it brand new 1 yr ago and I'm really happy with the accuracy up to about 150yds. I was able to hit some at 300yds but not very accurately. In my opinion it is devastatingly accurate under 200yds and if u are good, probably much better than that once u find the right ammo. This one is a keeper!

42968bb2.jpg

Shot about 2500 rnds since I bought it brand new 1 yr ago and I'm really happy with the accuracy up to about 150yds. I was able to hit some at 300yds but not very accurately. In my opinion it is devastatingly accurate under 200yds and if u are good, probably much better than that once u find the right ammo. This one is a keeper!

Can you send me a PM on how to adapt the M4 telescoping stock to your MR1 or point me to instructions ? You had mentioned previously that it took about 5 hours of grinding, sanding, and fitting. While I'm up to it and have the tools to do it, I'd like to know what I'm into before I get started or plop down $445 for the M4 stock.

Also, has there been any detremental affect to the recoil or sighting ? Would adding an aftermarket cheekpad extension be needed ?

Can you send me a PM on how to adapt the M4 telescoping stock to your MR1 or point me to instructions ? You had mentioned previously that it took about 5 hours of grinding, sanding, and fitting. While I'm up to it and have the tools to do it, I'd like to know what I'm into before I get started or plop down $445 for the M4 stock.

Also, has there been any detremental affect to the recoil or sighting ? Would adding an aftermarket cheekpad extension be needed ?

I repeat that is not a m4 stock!!!