Barrel compatibility?

Mplsspyder

I have a M3 Super 90 that I was using while on duty. However now that I am not using it any longer for that purpose, I thought it would make a good Turkey/Duck gun. However the barrel has a fixed choke (I'm assuming MOD or I/C). Anyone know if there are any other compatible barrels for the M3 that have field changable chokes? I don't see M3 barrels listed on Benelli's website.

My other idea was to take the barrel to a smith and have them thread it for factory Benelli chokes, but I honestly don't know if that is even possible. If it is, anyone have any suggestions or recommendation on who to send it to?

• 3 weeks later...
I have a M3 Super 90 that I was using while on duty. However now that I am not using it any longer for that purpose, I thought it would make a good Turkey/Duck gun. However the barrel has a fixed choke (I'm assuming MOD or I/C). Anyone know if there are any other compatible barrels for the M3 that have field changable chokes? I don't see M3 barrels listed on Benelli's website.

My other idea was to take the barrel to a smith and have them thread it for factory Benelli chokes, but I honestly don't know if that is even possible. If it is, anyone have any suggestions or recommendation on who to send it to?

The cheapest way to go would be to take it to a good gunsmith, who is good with shotguns, and have him install a set of Remchokes. They are the easiest to get, and he will measure your barrel wall thickness, and insure that it isn't to thin to install a screw in choke system. If it is too thin, there are special thinwall chokes for the thinner barrels but they can be very expensive, more than a new barrel. Hope this helps.

• 1 month later...
M1 and M2 barrels interchange, M1 and M2 chokes are different.

M2 handguards wil fit M1, M1 handguard will fit M2 with slight mods. What length barel are you lookin for??? I have a New 18" M2 with ghost ring front sight and threaded for M2 cryo chokes-3 incl.

Mind Crime Op

Getting rid of your 18" barrel, or that's what it came with on your M2?

• 11 years later...

I have a Benelli SuperSport II 30" 12 ga barrel I would like to sell.  It comes with a complete set of Benelli chokes as well as 2 Muller chokes.  Does anyone know what other Benelli models this barrel might be compatible with?  I understand that The Montefeltro and Legacy models may work.  Thanks for your help!!