M4 failing to load

wicks

My M4 failed a few times this weekend and wanted to solicit any feedback I could abut what might be wrong with it. Freshly stripped and clean as a whistle.

Fired a load of Fiocchi target shells, one jammed on the carrier, and another jammed half way out of the ejection port. Figured this might be caused in part by the low load.

Fired a box of Fiocchi buck and one jammed on the way into the chamber, and another failed to fire.

Fired a few slugs and no problems.

What should I look for? Thanks much.

That is a really interesting idea. I did buy it with the extension installed, but maybe they left the stock spring. How could I tell?

Perhapse it has a spring like a Surecycle or something (even weaker than stock I found).

Stock spring should be @27" in length. If you are running a 7-shot mag, I would STRONGLY urge you to buy a M1 Super 90 military model magazine spring. It was designed for a 7-shot tube from the get-go and is 35" in length. Mine has not failed me yet.

I pulled it last nigh, and it was 25" and really weak and brittle. Strange.

I shall order one of those up - good source for that online?

Thanks much.

Brownells (I cant spell for crap) will sell you the spring that will fix your issues. I bought the M1 Super 90 Military Model spring.