need an ansower plz

cordoba-lover

Your suppossed to look at the target with a shotgun. If the gun fits you it will shoot where you look.

This does not apply if you are shooting at relatively still target like a deer or a turkey's head with a tight choke. This is why I like the M4 for hunting. You can use the sights, or ignore them and shoot the shotgun like a shotgun for fast moving targets.

Your suppossed to look at the target with a shotgun. If the gun fits you it will shoot where you look.

This does not apply if you are shooting at relatively still target like a deer or a turkey's head with a tight choke. This is why I like the M4 for hunting. You can use the sights, or ignore them and shoot the shotgun like a shotgun for fast moving targets.

I am a fan of red-dot/holographic type sights for this very reason.

red dot for dove hunting and clay shooting. think thats cheating but sounds fun.

A red-dot for this would be a handicap imho. You do not aim a shotgun meant for this, you throw it/swing it, and it should be dead on if you have it shimmed correctly. Smoothly throw it to your shoulder while looking at what you are wanting to shoot and maintaining good mechanics and you should* hit it. Not aiming will always be quicker than aiming provided you hit the target. It is truly point/click interface.

i was always under the impression that the rib of a shotgun was to help displace heat. hince ventilated rib. i remove the sight bead on every shot gun i own. i do better with out it.

Yes/no

THe rib is vented so as to dissipate heat from collecting on the rib and causing mirage which could blurr your target (as you are looking along the barrel), or the front bead, if you are aiming at something stationary (although in THAT case, I wonder what you would be shooting more than 3-5 times).

Try it sometime with a shotgun that has no rib, it will quickly (5-10 rapid shots) blurr your target as viewed along the barrel on some days (depends on ambient temp, ect.)

Think of a vented rib like you would a sun-shade on a varmint rifle that extends the entire barrel length. IT is there to crisp up the target pic and keep mirage at bay from barrel heat. It is not there to heat-sinc for the barrel.