Choate M1 + 2 wont fit M3

Merkaba63

Ok, yesterday I received the Choate M1 +2 extension and it wont thread onto any part of my M3. I searched a lot of forums and most said that M1 and 2 extensions were compatible. I don't understand how it could be so hard to make a metal tube that threads into the existing nut. Choate's isn't even a tube it is crudely rolled metal that is apoxyied into a nut that won't fit the threads of the existing nut. they don't even let you use an existing mag spring retainer on the end of the tube, they melt a plastic on into the end. So with that said Choate is off my list, and now I would like to know if anyone has any experience with an extension tube that will actually thread into the existing nut on an M3. Secondly does anyone own both a M1 and a M3 and tried to swap parts?

TY for the fast reply.

Does The Sure Cycle extension have the (I'm not sure the proper term) little ball that clicks into the depressions on the sling attachment/spacer that is already on the M3?

Is there some patent or other legal issue that keeps the after market makers from using the threading on the existing nut?