SureFire 616 for early M1 Super 90

ArmChairCommando

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You're welcome, and now I need some advice from others. As shown above, I purchased the Surefire 616 weaponlight mount for my Benelli M1 Super 90 (serial # 3XXXX). Fit is just great, no wiggles at all. My problem is with my unwitting selection of flashlight body.

My initial understanding was that any surefire flashlight body would screw into the foreend and Bob's your uncle. It looks like that's not quite the case. I have a 6Z light that runs on 2 L123 lithium cells. That means it's a 6V light and should work great. Right? Well... when I load the 2 cells into the flashlight body and screw it into the foreend, it sounds like the batteries have maybe 1/4" of slack (I can slide them forward and back by tilting the shotgun). This strikes me as very odd since the original battery listed in the 616 directions is a DL223AC, which other sites describe as 2 L123s shrink-wrapped together.

Am I barking up the wrong tree trying to get my 6Z body to work with this foreend? I already spent... well, I guess everyone knows what I spent. I just want to make sure I'm not doing something stupid here.

Jim

[UPDATE: I did get a reply from Surefire saying that the L60 was a requirement, so I ordered one.]

Edited by bigjimmyk3
response from surefire