Help changing out Supernova stocks

explorer1002

Here's the situation. Another forum member and I traded SN stocks. He has a SN tactical with PG and I have a SN with Comfortech stock. We swapped stocks, but my Comfortech stock does not seem to be compatible with his SN tactical. Benelli customer service says that while you can switch a Comfortech to a PG, one cannot switch a gun originally configured with PG to Comfortech. Is this true, and if not, is there anyone willing to help figure out the problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Here's the situation. Another forum member and I traded SN stocks. He has a SN tactical with PG and I have a SN with Comfortech stock. We swapped stocks, but my Comfortech stock does not seem to be compatible with his SN tactical. Benelli customer service says that while you can switch a Comfortech to a PG, one cannot switch a gun originally configured with PG to Comfortech. Is this true, and if not, is there anyone willing to help figure out the problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

That would be really odd, if true. The Benelli catalog seems to say that you can do exacty what you tried to do. :confused:

Yeah I thought it should as well. Here are some more specific details. There seem to be two problems. First is that the two guns have two very different sized washers holding the stock onto the metal tube, which I believe is fixed easily enough by just switching the washers. The second problem is that when the Comfortech stock is placed all the way onto the metal tube on the tactical SN, there is a gap between the stock and the receiver. The pieces of the shim kit will fill some of that gap, but I'm not sure that they will completely make up the difference. Again any suggestions would be appreciated.

Yeah that was the problem...per Benelli customer service, the tactical SN orginally with PG is not compatible with the Comfortech stock. However a tactical SN originally with Comfortech stock is compatible with PG. I'm not sure why Benelli would do this, but its the company line and no one here has offered proof otherwise, so that's what I'm going with. I'm pretty bummed too, because the PG I got in the deal fit great on my field version SN, but to be fair it's gotta go back to its original home.

• 8 years later...