M1 mag extension tube on M3 Super 90?

bcasinger

I have a new M3 Super 90, and the only things I want to add are mag extension and charging handle. I searched on this forum but didn't really find an answer, so I wrote Benelli and asked about parts interchangeability. The answer from them was that since they couldn't import the mag extension, they really couldn't say, but that "the magazine extension for the M1 might work".

So has anybody here tried it? And how about the larger bolt handles?

There are specific 2-shot mag extensions for the M3, but is that the older M3 or the Super 90?

I have a new M3 Super 90, and the only things I want to add are mag extension and charging handle. I searched on this forum but didn't really find an answer, so I wrote Benelli and asked about parts interchangeability. The answer from them was that since they couldn't import the mag extension, they really couldn't say, but that "the magazine extension for the M1 might work".

So has anybody here tried it? And how about the larger bolt handles?

There are specific 2-shot mag extensions for the M3, but is that the older M3 or the Super 90?

I use the Brownells.com website to cross reference a few manufacturer's numbers to see what is compatible sometimes. Try the Nordic Components tubes to see if you get a match.

OK, I got my answer! I ordered the M1/M2/SBE mag extension...and it does not fit. The nut is too large, and the tube is too small for the factroy nut. Oh well, guess I will have to use the 2-shot M3 extension, since that is all I can find for some reason.