Benelli M4 Multi Light Mount by IWC

lowspeed_highdrag

On 10/30/2020 at 4:21 PM, D'zaster said:

I have theIWC mount and I'm thinking it would require quite a hard hit to get it to rotate as you're suggesting. I have not seen this issue brought up on the forum but I'm relatively new.

Wow, thanks for the quick reply.  I really didn't think anyone still read this thread otherwise I would have checked back sooner.

Worst case (realistic) scenario, say you had your gun shouldered and then dropped it on concrete so the side of the mount took the full force of the impact.  Do you think the mount would rotate at all?  Also, if friction is the only thing holding the mount in place, has tightening down the screws on the mount caused the mount to mar the coating on your lug at all?  I know these are super reliable combat shotguns that can take a beating, but they're also not cheap, and I have an H2O model to boot, so I'd rather not damage the finish on my gun if I can help it.   

Edited by CommodeODragon