1.25" & 1.0" sling slots

DDTM

Went to install my Magpul sling on standard/field stock of my new M4 only to discover the forearm slot is the needed 1.25" but the butt stock slot is 1.0".   I have read removal of  the sling plate is somewhat involved with possible use of a heat gun to soften threads on the internal bolt through the plate.   A Magpul Paraclip does attach to both sling slots but does not swivel freely in the narrow slots.  I had originally planned to just thread the sling through the slots for an "old school" attachment.  I ordered a eyelet sling attachment plate from Mesa Tactical for the forearm to enable the Paraclip attachment if desired but the only solution for the butt stock was the wire cable from a discontinued Blue Force Gear wire loop 1 1/4" sling attachment.  The cable does work but the ends do not seat into the slot due to the stiffness and the angle the cables have entering the slot.  Can anyone offer any ideas I have not yet tried for a better connection at the rear end of this rascal?

Edited by DDTM
misspelling