Slug barrel.

SBE2

I was consedering getting an R1 for thick brush deer and hog, but hte more I thought about it seemed a little to expensive for me. My dad got me two SBE2s, one comfortech one steady grip, and he said from now on I will have to buy my own guns so the R1 is a little pricey, and a slug seems like it would penetrate brush more easly without exploding like a rifle bullet. So I may get a slug barrel for my steady grip because I will only use the steady grip for turkey if I don't get a slug barrel for it. And I was woundering what was others opinoin on benelli slug barrel accuracy, power, and what type of scope. ;) tongue.gif :D ;) tongue.gif :D

Any bullet will be deflected by brush ... that's ANY. The slug barrel is good for about 200 yards with a sabot slug it likes. I have a quality 3-9x42 scope on mine but a 2-7 would be fine. An illuminated dot on your scope might be an added plus, and do double duty as turkey optics too. I would tend to think the comfortech would be the better bet for shooting the slugs, particularly if you're jump shooting while walking through brush. Besides, slugs can kick pretty stoutly. :D NICE DAD!!! I hope you appreciate him. :cool:

I am not to worried about the kick because whenever I see game I have an immediate, complete ardenaline rush to take care of recoil, plus being beaten up will deepsea fishing helps to. :D I know it will deflect but I have read that high velocity bullets (like a .270, what I shot for deer0 have the possiblity of exploding. If i do get a slug barrel I'll just get a 2-7. Because if I'm going to take long shots I'll use my new .270 All-Weather Ruger I got deer season before last. And yes I do appreciate my dad. So far he has gotten me every gun I have wanted. He thinks guns, hunting, and fishing are good healthy parts of life.