M4 Briley handguard install

Suplize

I’m trying to install the Briley M-Lok handguard. When the handguard is on I cannot get the barrel to go flush with the receiver. Best I can tell is that the barrel guide ring is not fully inserting into the adapter (pictured) on the handguard. I noticed the spring and washers inside the guide ring that I assume is preventing the guide ring from fully seating in the handguard. Can I remove those washers/spring? Are they needed?

DBA140FA-E743-4B7C-9398-2BCA505F3309.jpeg

BA33075C-07CE-45F2-BFA6-6025A2D83757.jpeg

13 minutes ago, StreetSweeper56 said:

Have you tried screwing on the mag tube cap? On mine, the tolerances are so tight that is the only way I can get mine to seat fully.

Yeah even pressing on it as hard as I could  with the buttstock on the ground it wouldn’t go flush. I just removed one of the washers from the guide ring and now it fits flush ??

• 6 months later...

I took those pieces out as well. Fits perfectly. You got to also give the forend a little squeeze so it sits flush in the guide ring. That tension, once seated, is what helps keep it in place while you screw everything down. 

Edited by VMI2000
Further clarification