Help installing a Urbino Stock on a Benelli M2

nyc71

I tried to install a Mesa Tactical Urbino Stock on a Benelli M2 but it doesn't go all the way in. I did verified I have the right model & I've already installed one on a M4. After doing a general search online I came across several accounts of fitting issues. Some claimed modifications were needed to get it on.
Any suggestions?

13 hours ago, nyc71 said:

I tried to install a Mesa Tactical Urbino Stock on a Benelli M2 but it doesn't go all the way in. I did verified I have the right model & I've already installed one on a M4. After doing a general search online I came across several accounts of fitting issues. Some claimed modifications were needed to get it on.
Any suggestions?

A few threads down you’ll see my post regarding the issue and fix. If your issue was the same as mine there is no way to address it without the modification I performed. I’ve come to the conclusion that there could be only three reasons for the issue. The stock was mispackaged but and is for a different model but has the correct label, the stock is out of spec, or Benelli made dimensional or design change to the recoil tube assembly and/or the threaded tang. While it pissed me off, it was a simple fix. I wasted a lot of time though fiddling with it and researching before I finally figured out the issue. If you take a close look, you’ll see why it won’t completely slide on.

Here, I’ll make it even easier for you and post the link to my urbino m2 thread. Unfortunately, I didn’t get any feedback from my thread with a solution and after a lot of aggravation and assembly delay was able to resolve the issue on my own. There was nothing I could find video or otherwise about the urbino and M2 installation.

You don’t have to enlarge the hole a crazy amount just a drill bit size one or two larger than the current hole size. You’ll notice the unthreaded part of the shaft is just slightly larger diameter than the threaded portion which will prevent the tube from seating inside the plastic cup in the center of the stock. You’ll have to put the large oval steel washer in the vice to drill the hole larger in that part which will fit over the unthreaded portion of the shaft and you will also use the rubber spacer. It shows the diagram in the instruction papers. Good luck and let us know how you made out.

Edited by USAF416SPS

12 hours ago, nyc71 said:

It worked, thank you for the saved. I'll take a pic tomorrow.

That’s fantastic! I’m glad I was able to help. FYI, I never did receive a call back from the voicemail I left for Mesa Tactical to discuss the issue. It seems this may possibly become a re-occurring issue that should really be addressed by Mesa Tactical as it’s supposed to be drop in and the customer shouldn’t have to perform these modifications imho. I do like their products and perhaps it was an oversight and I slipped through the cracks but this has left me unimpressed with the customer service.

This is the response I got from them:

"

Good afternoon. The first thing I would look for with a Benelli M2 is on the end of the recoil tube there is a silver colored stud. On some Benelli M2s this stud is threaded all the way and on other Benelli M2s there is a ring on this stud.

If your Benelli M2 has the ring on the stud , when you try to put the Urbino stock on, the ring will not go through the hole in the cross member of the Urbino stock. If this is the case you can use a rat tail file or drill bit to remove material in this hole inside the Urbino stock. This should allow the Urbino stock to seat properly to the Benelli M2 receiver. If you have the instruction booklet, this is one pages 9 - 10. If you have any other questions please let us know or give us a call. 775-333-9800"

17 hours ago, nyc71 said:

This is the response I got from them:

"

Good afternoon. The first thing I would look for with a Benelli M2 is on the end of the recoil tube there is a silver colored stud. On some Benelli M2s this stud is threaded all the way and on other Benelli M2s there is a ring on this stud.

If your Benelli M2 has the ring on the stud , when you try to put the Urbino stock on, the ring will not go through the hole in the cross member of the Urbino stock. If this is the case you can use a rat tail file or drill bit to remove material in this hole inside the Urbino stock. This should allow the Urbino stock to seat properly to the Benelli M2 receiver. If you have the instruction booklet, this is one pages 9 - 10. If you have any other questions please let us know or give us a call. 775-333-9800"

Good to see you received a response. That confirms the issue and modification was correct. Thanks for posting 

• 1 year later...

FYI, purchased the Urbino tactical stock for my M2 during the Xmas holidays and just getting around to install it and also have the same issues (won't slide all the way in).

Additionally it looks like the end of the Urbino Mesa Tactical stock tapers/bevels inward more so than the receiver end of the M2. To me it looks quirky and not completely smooth across that section.

I will take a look at the other thread. Thanks gents.