[Question] Mag tube extension vs full 7 mag tube?

JohnWichReeves

I don't know of any downsides to a 2 round extension vs a 7 round tube as long as you replace the 5 round spring. Be aware that shot shells vary in length between manufacturers so you may only be able to load 6. Fetter's are shorter and will load 7 but they're from Russia, I haven't seen them for sale for months.

Edited by StreetSweeper56

14 minutes ago, JohnWichReeves said:

Even Benelli says it ain't a 5 round spring but a regular standard spring that belongs in a full mag tube. Why are you saying the spring needs to be replaced? Are there lot of malfunctions?

I had some.  Failure to eject from the mag tube.  Haven’t since I replaced it.  

Anything that diminishes reliability is a no go for me.  That’s what I want most from this gun.  it’s a 20 dollar part.  Hardly the place to start an argument over, but if yours works fine then keep going with it.  When it doesn’t you know what todo.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Ben elLes said:

I had some.  Failure to eject from the mag tube.  Haven’t since I replaced it.  

Anything that diminishes reliability is a no go for me.  That’s what I want most from this gun.  it’s a 20 dollar part.  Hardly the place to start an argument over, but if yours works fine then keep going with it.  When it doesn’t you know what todo.

Really?! Wow, those malfunctions would drive me nuts. I'll looking into replacing mine. Thanks