New Benelli M4 Multirail Gen 2 - Charging Handle Spins - Can't Remove from Bolt

wdritchey

Hey all, new to this forum. I recently made the decision to sell my Beretta 1301 Tactical and purchase a Benelli M4! I saw a shot show video from 2023 talking about the M4 Gen 2 multi rail. Oddly enough, I don't even see this model on Benelli's own website. It was difficult to source one, but once I did, I jumped on it and it just came in yesterday!

As you all know, these come field stripped, so I was looking at the manual to see where to put oil and such. The charging handle was already in the bolt, so it obviously has to be taken out to install the bolt. On the 1301, it just pulls out. In the Benelli manual, it says to turn while pulling. Well, mine won't come out. I've heard it's normal for the oversized charging handles on these new ones to spin. I feel like mine spins rather freely. I'm not sure if that's an issue. But for whatever reason, I cannot pull it out. I feel like an idiot. I bet it's something incredibly simple. What are the odds that something on a gun like this went out the door with an issue? Probably none. Yet, I cannot figure it out.

I've attached a video with my trying to demonstrate what I'm talking about with one hand holding my phone, but you get the idea. I hope it's something simple. Maybe I took a risk by buying this version when there's so little information about them out there, but it has all the features I wanted from the factory.

IMG_2774.JPG