M4 barrel revision history.

GV00

Anybody got an in-depth history of the various barrel revisions made for M4's, specifically for the 11707 (or any other model that accepts a choke tube)?

I recently sent my m4 in, and they decided to replace the entire barrel. Evidently, this required the replacement of the foregrips as well, since the barrel is different (somehow). Old barrel was a 2-port, and I'm not aware of any changes since the old 4 port to 2 port revision. Kinda wondering what's different.

There were some changes to the barrel extension when the 11707s hit the shelves again early last year.

A flange now abuts against the receiver and there's a 'wing' that now follows the inside edge of the ejection port. I think this flange is what has prevented some B&T rails from fitting the new 11707's and I would guess the handguards now need a slight relief cut as well. My barrel TM12XXX has the older extension, while I've seen barrels back to TM14XXX have the new extension.

M4_Extension_2.jpg

M4_Extension_3.jpg