Cordoba 20 gauge

Damsr52

I just bought a Cordoba 20 gauge and took it right out the box down to Argentina, after 3 days of intense shooting (3,500 doves with 5,000 shots) I have to say this gun is outstanding! The gun was a dream to handle and took a beating with little maintenance, I would recommend this gun to all upland game shooters!!!!!!

Thought the gun was to loud for you mud..... and I thought you were going for the Xtrema 2, I was gonna go for the Cordoba, but like the Xtrema 2 much, much better. And Muds right, we need PICTURES! I wanna got down there sometime, I've heard way to much about the dove and duck shooting down there.

We are talking 20's son, pay attention :) Porting on 20's doesn't bother me nearly as much as 12's, plus I rarely sit in a duck blind three feet from another hunter to shoot dove!

I'm off the Xtrema II. I'm off all Beretta products right now. Too many issues.

I'm thinking of buying a Cordoba 20 for upland and another SBE II for this year. I've found a local gunsmith that says can fit any gun to any shoot with a little work. I might just let him work on a new SBE II to get the fit I need. Maybe an SBE II black and get it dipped in MO Brush?

What issues are you having with Beretta? Just curious as I'm getting the extrema 2 soon.

Nothing too specific. The bolt rails make me nervous. I've seen a few broken ones in the last year.

I'm just deep into my Benelli phase these days. I'm in my buddy's shop 3-4 days a week these days (have been for several years now) and I'm seeing what really goes on as opposed to what the Internet wizards dream up....

• 1 year later...
I just bought a Cordoba 20 gauge and took it right out the box down to Argentina, after 3 days of intense shooting (3,500 doves with 5,000 shots) I have to say this gun is outstanding! The gun was a dream to handle and took a beating with little maintenance, I would recommend this gun to all upland game shooters!!!!!!

Hi, I just read your post about the 20 gauge Cordoba and your trip to Argentina. My friends are bring one down. I have not had a chance to shoot it yet and my first time will be down there. Several of my friends took it out and complained about the same problem they had. They reported loading of the shells into the chamber was difficult as the opening is smaller than the width of your thumb. They said I'll need to be very careful and need to bring thumb protection and a couple of pairs of gloves. I've never read or heard anyone mention this as a problem. Can you advise based on your experience??

Thanks so much.