Como finish on SBE II Quality

davecz

I just got a new SBE II in max 4 camo and on the rib of the barrel there are a lot of very small bubbles on the top, it doesnt look like it will come off or anything but i was wondering if this is normal, also there is a small chip in the camo on the barrel toward the reciever, you think I should call benelli and have them redue it or just ignore it? I think for a 1500 dollar gun the finish should be nice.

I just got a new SBE II in max 4 camo and on the rib of the barrel there are a lot of very small bubbles on the top, it doesnt look like it will come off or anything but i was wondering if this is normal, also there is a small chip in the camo on the barrel toward the reciever, you think I should call benelli and have them redue it or just ignore it? I think for a 1500 dollar gun the finish should be nice.

I think for $1500, someone from Italy should come to my house and hand deliver the gun. I think a $50,000 Lexus should never wear out, drive itself, and come with a Flux Capacitor that runs on household garbage.

The camo is a plastic film. Nothing more, nothing less. It scratches, chips, fades, bubbles, gets shiny, and absolutely dissolves if DEET is applied.

I have heard it is installed by Tarjac http://www.tarjac.com/services.jsp here in the U.S.

I think Benelli just adds the price of the process to a black gun. MSRP is only $120 higher for the camo, which I think is a pretty good price. I think Tarjac is close to $200 retail for the process.

But if the film is really crappy NIB, I have heard Benelli will have it redipped under warranty.

My only gripe is that it is already chipped right out of the box, and I was just wondering if others have the bubbles on the rib. I am going to be using this gun in a lot of wet situations, the reason I got the camo finish it to protect it, I just dont want it to start rusting or anything like that on the parts that are chipped. And seeing that I just got it and it is still a ways away from hunting season this would be the time to send it back. Just wondering if anyone else had these same issues. And a hand delivery is not needed just a product that comes as advertised. Would you buy a new car and not care if they gave you one that had a big chip in the paint?

My only gripe is that it is already chipped right out of the box, and I was just wondering if others have the bubbles on the rib. I am going to be using this gun in a lot of wet situations, the reason I got the camo finish it to protect it, I just dont want it to start rusting or anything like that on the parts that are chipped. And seeing that I just got it and it is still a ways away from hunting season this would be the time to send it back. Just wondering if anyone else had these same issues. And a hand delivery is not needed just a product that comes as advertised. Would you buy a new car and not care if they gave you one that had a big chip in the paint?

How did you miss such a huge defect before taking the gun home?

On the car, no, I'd hopefully notice any problems before driving home.

On camo guns, yes, every camo gun I have ever bought has had at least several cosmetic defects right out of the box. And they get more defects as the years go by. I've got several chips on my SBE II Max 4 that have not rusted yet. I recall several small bubbles went away over time.

Donnie says 'it's just plastic film'....

Contact Benelli CS. These forums are not a conduit to Benelli CS.....

mudhen - CA

I had to wait about two months for the gun to come in. When the gun shop called and said it was in, I took it out of the shipping box and the barrel still had the plastic bag over it. I just glanced it over, when I got home I fully inspected it. The chip is not that big and if the gun is a regular black version just dipped, then I wont be to worried about it, and if you say that you havent got any rust yet, thats good news for me. As long as the gun shoots reliably I will be happy. And as I stated before I got the camo for added protection and I am sure it will have its fair share of abuse at the end of next season. Now its time to break the gun in